How many non lot owners won a lot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jace3, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

that would be pretty insulting, to say the least, to all of us who have invested a lot of real life energy into the lots. free handouts make nothing valuable. earning your way in life makes everything valuable.

Hazard, Adam Crow, Cally and 5 others like this.
  2. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I own 3 properties myself, I'd just like to see more people winning and playing the game. And like I said, just one or two raffles, it doesn't have to be EVERY time.

edit: The way I look at it is this: the game is in its infancy still and NEEDS more players as well as more players actually playing. I've sunk a lot of dough into this game already and have NO problem with people with lesser pledges getting exactly what I have in a raffle. It means the game grows instead of people like me sitting on the throne of a dying empire.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'd like to see a limited time to place the lots or they disappear.

The reason is that those who have the lots should then have to pay taxes on those lots which then provides the gold sink for those rich enough to afford to have additional lots.
    The secondary purpose of our lot tax, is to have those property placements useful in the game. When a player is away and not paying their taxes, then that lot space becomes open through eviction.

Yet the trouble in applying the need for these raffle lots to be placed, has a need for those lot deeds to be special, so that if a raffle lot deed does go unused it can be returned to the raffle pool, yet if evicted, then also should carry a burden of loosing the deed and needing a new one if evicted.

Raffles should be the same way as government housing, because they were discounted and all others were bought with cash.
    But hindsight is always 20/20... but then again, much of these ideas were presented and for unknown reasons Portalarium decided to not limit them. "It's those unknown reasons which are now making themselves evident, but still unknown".

Our Portalarium during that time was "self admittedly" neglecting our forums interactions for possible better solutions...
    But they have promised to do better at interacting with us. I just haven't seen this happen yet within our Faction discussions which were then found to be thought out without our forum's input and drawn on a napkin. In interactions with our Portalarium, it would seem we must stay vigilant.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Yeah, UO definitely had this right. BUT since SotA is crowdfunded and there's no limit to how many lot deeds you can purchase, the dymanic just isn't plausible anymore.

Cally, Bom and Time Lord like this.
  5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I'm having a vision here:

I see you, walking down a narrow corridor, in the dark. At the end there is a light. You finally get there and find yourself holding a player made raffle, and one of your homes is the prize! The dynamic for the raffle is that people from the forums will post on your raffle thread that they want to purchase tickets, thus you can verify their account age. In the end of the vision, I see you sitting with good posture, chin up on a beautiful gold laden oak throne, wearing a crown and being cheered by the vast amount of players who end up joining your guild and praising you for your sacrifice!

Bom, Travitar and Time Lord like this.
  6. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

This probably explains why my cloak glows red...

Elwyn, Cally, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Let not one man who hath forsaken his virtues shameth another man for having forsaketh their virtues in this time of peril and wanting!

I'm having another vision here..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Travitar, Cally, NullnVoid and 2 others like this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I don't know that it matters to be honest. Every player that did not own a lot was given a free chance to win. Beyond that it should be a fair game. I doubt many would buy tickets if they were given a reduced chance because they owned a lot. If the real goal was to enable people without lots to have them, all they have to do is prevent players with lots from playing. It's just that simple. That apparently was not the goal. It is a good gold sink, but since they feel they have to give away gold in the game now, there is zero need for a gold sink. I believe the goal is to get more lots in the game to sell more stuff to put on those lots.

In the end, the only point from our perspective should be whether we want to gamble or not. Motivations are just speculations even if the horse tells you what it is. After all, the Lottery is for education, right?

Bom, Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  9. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

I don't own lot , have spend around 150k (2-3 week of farm ) in loterie and still don't own a lot. Gonna need to take a few release break before coming back ;). This lotterie thing is really far from fun. I feel like a korean gold farmer when i spend two week , farming the same zone , to ''maybe'' get something. They should make a seperate loterie for those who don't own anything.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. Rathmir

Rathmir Avatar

I am a new player and didnt have a lot before. I bought one 5k ticket (basically all my gold) and won a row lot.

Luca Xante, Vrunk Hrrk, Cally and 6 others like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes: Good reason I guess...
    Even if they sell them in game or on Ebay, it works out in a monetary game $ for development.

I'm not real happy that there's not much in farming skill right now, because other than décor or having an extra box to dump something in, there's not much incentive to owning a house right now. Incentives for the player to own one needs to be looked at from the point of view you mentioned. Now we've got to move beyond eye candy to make it worth while adding to play value.
    ~Time Lord~:D

Travitar, Bom and Tahru like this.
  12. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

I had sold my row lot from my ancestor pledge since I wanted to farm. So I had been homeless for a few weeks prior to the raffle. I won a village pot lot, on 11 tickets. Couldn't be more pleased.

Rathmir, Vrunk Hrrk, Bom and 3 others like this.
  13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There is nothing to make up for. It is the way that was decided upon to distribute available lots. And now some that didn't have do have and the housing market gets it's kick start. Now coming is yet another release but with free tickets to only those without lots, which gives them a chance. after that one could expect them to really gear down on the number of lots in each raffle spreading over months until that 30% mark is reached.

Just got a PM from one of our PaxLair Citizens who was hoping to get his lot though the raffle, he managed to win a PoT village on a small amount of tickets.

Elwyn, Duke Gréagóir, Cally and 4 others like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

interesting but sadly more than 50% of the winners are those that just use this game for profit.

Cally and Time Lord like this.
  15. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

You simply don't have enough concrete information to say this. You may be right, but you're presenting speculation as fact.

16. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Back that number up. I doubt you can.

moko, Time Lord and jammaplaya like this.
  17. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

marry me

Time Lord likes this.
  18. DarkEvilHatred

DarkEvilHatred Avatar

To hell with this raffle garbage. I was told that lots and buildings would be for sale off vendors for gold and that is just not the case. Seems the only real way to get a lot and home are to spend real cash and lots of it.

Xandra7, Vagabond_Sam and Time Lord like this.
  19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

i seen a wizard tower for 35k on a vendor not too long ago. tis gone now tho

Cally and Time Lord like this.
  20. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Not so sure really that this method was a good way to implement a gold sink...

Lets see... ~675 deeds were raffled. Now imagine that 10 mils of gold were sinked in tickets (for use a number)...

The question is : How much of that 'sinked gold' was gold already in play, and how much of that gold was farmed exclusively for the raffle?

Assuming that 25% of that gold was already in play (number that i believe that is far lower that that)... that is really a ~2.5mil in gold sink (in a month). And that not represent an important number in the gold made everyday.

Now, for the taxes. After looking the list of winners you can see that more than half of the deed were gained by the same accounts. So, basically you will have maybe a 20%-30% of lots placed (all the others will go to RTM, trades or the personal banks). From the lots placed, you must include the possibility that some persons may be not able to pay the taxes on bigger deeds, so those lots will reverse... maybe the final number of lots placed will be 10%-15% of the total of the raffle, that will give ~1-2 mils of gold sink in a month (for taxes), but wait... that gold will be farmed exclusively for paying the taxes, so, basically... there isnt a monthly gold sink.

So in the end... what we have?

- ~3 mill of real gold sink (only in the first raffle, because for the next ones the people will farm the gold exclusively for that)
    - A gold farmer training crash course for all the ppl that want an opportunity for the raffle (that will end creating more economy problems in the future)
    - A group of happy players, that with their sweat and effort gained tons of lots that now they can RTM (lowering the addon store sells in the process)
    - Another group of players that arent that happy with the results
    - A group of players that have a deed for the first time (btw, congratulations to all these winners) and are very happy.

Now... what can happen in the future?

- Deeds will decrease their value (a good thing from my perspective, since it will give the opportunity for a lot of players to experiment with the housing feature, that in the future will give free direct marketing for the game, and of course some $$$ to the addon store )
    - A lot new generation of grinders/gold farmers
    - An outside RTM market for deeds
    - Of course with a good influx of RTM business, gold farms can start jumping the game and we know how they can retaliate with ddos and other nasty stuff when they are angry or just wanna mess around.
    - Tons of ghost lots (placed only for the lot) so, the towns will be ghost towns.
    - Some people that dont own a lot will gain one with some luck and effort.

So as you can see... this isnt working as a gold sink, because, they are generating a product that need ppl to farm extra gold in the end if they want to participate (and gold farming for a lot of people -maybe the half or more- is not fun, and a game is about only that... fun).

The best way to gold sink? -> create fancy deco items/gear/pets and sell them for in-game gold. That will not affect the housing, economy, will not create problems in the future, and will give the opportunity to be different to the players that want, or to the collectors.

Dont get the wrong idea, im in favor of the raffle, but the way it is implemented at this moment, i dont think that is the best. One ticket per player and the requirement of not owning a deed previously will fix the issue in my opinion. Or returning to the initial idea of selling deeds for gold in-game directly from npcs -always with the limit of one deed (or one type of deed) per account-.

In fact, property placement may be limited also to an specific number, so no player can have 30 lots for example (maybe 3-5 will be a good number). I know that multiple lots will require a lot of gold in taxes, but that is not an excuse since they are occupying places that other people that actually play and is useful to the community can use, and that gold taxes also is farmed exclusively for that, so no gold sink.

The name of the game is not Shroud of the Avatar Real State Edition.

Xandra7, Travitar and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.