The Mystery Of The Missing Gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyathome, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

40,000+ golds have disappeared! I cant say exactly how much or exactly when but somehow I lost 40k... Has anyone else found themselves missing gold? I was at 116-118k yesterday and today I noticed its down to 76k.

I didn't make any big purchases and can't think of any 'accidents' that might have happened. I have gone through my chat logs looking for signs of anything to narrow down what happened and found nothing.

Is there any way I can find when I had the 118k and trace when it dropped to 76k? Would I be out of line to bug report this with such vague info? It will bug me to no end if I can't figure out what happened ...

Acred likes this.
  2. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Best to report it... I'm sure Port will sort you out just fine :)

Acred likes this.
  3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

You could try to go by something, find out the exact words and capitalization that is put in the chat log then use text find to locate all the times that came up. If you accidentally bought a ton of sown thing instead of 1 you may find it.

But if it was player trade or other means for gold sink, trade, or rent. It would be missed.

Acred likes this.
  4. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

So it maybe wasn't just my imagination... I lost about 5k gold maybe one or two weeks ago... logged out with about 6k gold and only had about 1k the next morning and couldn't remember to hav bought anything or it. Everything else was still there. I didn't report it either back then, because I simply wasn't sure and had no clue how to properly report that...

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I find this happens when I am purchasing things like fuels, and doubleclick defaults to buying the whole 1000-stack.
    Sometimes its obvious, like buying 400 water buckets and then not being able to walk.
    I can't think how this would be a 40k gold mistake though...I don't think any stack of npc anything costs that much (may be wrong?)

6. lollie

lollie Avatar

Maybe OP has 10 or 11 crafting tables in his bag and hasn't noticed :3

7. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

That's something I thought, too, but I checked: I didn't find anything that I had in my inventory that would explaint the missing 5k Gold... But I'm still not sure if I missed something (beside the gold)... but well... it's "only" 5k gold... not so much of a big deal.

8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Does OP own a cat by chance?

9. lollie

lollie Avatar

Wait...do cats eat gold, or are they all secret junkies and rifling through OP's gold stash to pay for their catnip fix?

10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I lost a little over 4000g the other day.... er, I mean 4M$... seriously though, it was around 4000. Just kinda poofed away. I went to buy arrows and only had a little over 300. At first I was trying to remember if I had purchased something and then just wrote it off because I was in the middle of a party.

You know, I had actually come to the conclusion that one of my lots had eaten it up while I paying taxes. While paying, I was using the pre-loaded COTO tax credit I had.. but I may have overshot the number of days and that's when the gold got tapped.... maybe?

11. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

That's what I think might have happened to my gold, too...

12. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

I think I know what happened.... it was the lot tax system if I am right.

I had placed a taxed village lot and tried to prepay 3 months with cotos. At first, I placed in just 12 (or 8) cotos and it worked... I received the tax credit and applied it to my lot. Then I placed in a bunch more cotos, to top it up to max. I must have over paid because I got 12 cotos back on my mouse afterwards. I suspect that transaction took gold from me.. for taxes.

That whole system is somewhat confusing and makes me unsure if it was a bug, or just my mistake. If it was a bug then I should report it... if it was my mistake then it would waste GM time. I wish I could find the logs of that transaction to know for sure what happened.

lollie likes this.
  13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Do you happen to have 8 POT only raffle tickets in your bag?

14. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

My girlfriend had this same thing happen a few weeks ago. She logged on one day and was missing about 20k gold.

15. Womby

Womby Avatar

Have you placed any purchase orders on a vendor?

16. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Aren't those payed in advance? And yes, I had one order, but it has been good for only 500gp and is still there... My bet is on the Tax-system, too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.