Lot Deed Vendors?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Graynight, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Soooo... FAQ says you can buy deeds in game.

I have been to every major NPC place looking for someone who sells lot deeds, and I can't find any.

Has this been removed? Right now, there are hundreds of PRT and NPC lots available, but the only deeds I can find in-game or at the Add-on store are Player Owned Town ones (Or won by raffle).

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

FAQ probably needs to be updated; the implementation of this raffle is still pretty new. The only official way to get a deed in game right now is through the lottery. POT Deed Raffle Tickets are 5k and Anywhere Deed Raffle Tickets (aka: NPC/PRT deeds) are 10k each. Raffle tickets can be purchased from Housing and Deco merchants.

3. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yes it's been removed, was in game for testing purposes earlier, but now the game is live (no more wipes), the only deeds you can buy are from players who pledged to get the tax-free deeds, or bought the taxable deeds in addon store (now sold out), or by buying tax-free PoT deeds through bundles in the addon store yourself (or from players who bought them), or through the lottery (taxable deeds).

4. himmelweiss22

himmelweiss22 Avatar

The Lotto-System is just..... (place very bad words here).

- it destroys the economy
    - if someone spends a few million Gold into the lottery he will get deeds worth like 10.000$+
    - RMT sucks btw.
    - because of super rich players ingame, lots of players will never win a deed, a simple fact

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm not super-rich. I killed a lot of skeletons and bandits the past month. I sold their hammers and long bows. I earned 350 000 gold coins.

I bought raffle deeds with those gold coins. I won 4 row lot deeds, 2 village lot deeds, 1 town lot deed, 2 city lot deeds. And I already gave (not sold) 3 row lot deeds to those who don't have any house. And I'm about to give more.

And you know what ? Many of the winners did that.

Ok, the raffle system is not perfect, but it's surely better than "lot deed vendors". Why ? Because every deed would have been very expensive and all the super-rich gold sellers would have bought any deeds to speculate (first come, first served) and resell them for a higher price.
    Here, anyone has a chance to have a deed without having to sell part of his body, even the poorest.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

nevertheless it's not a good feeling to know some rich oder super-rich poeple buy and win all the deeds and new or casual players or playertypes like me, who are always poor and out of gold, only able and / or willing to spend one or two hours a day for farming gold and hardly make ~2000-5000 gold in this time are depending on alms.

Nothing against those who want to gift their wins, but it feels just a little bad.

7. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Why are you always poor? Are you part of a guild that does Exp runs? Do you gather materials and sell them? Do you make your own equipment? There is no reason for anyone to be poor in this game. You can visit the Oracle every day and make 500 right off the bat. Go visit every town and make 100 gp for each visit, Doing quests gives you both Exp and gold.

Gregg247, Numa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

In the first raffle, I spent 40,000 gold total (2 anywhere tickets and 4 POT tickets) and I won a POT row lot deed. I obtained that gold by simply fighting mobs and cashing in the loot. I didn't rely on guild support or anyone else. I typically only have 10,000 - 20,000 gold on-hand at any given time. I gave the deed away.

Also, if you don't like the raffle, I've recently seen POT row lot deeds on public vendors for 80,000 gold.

Numa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

3. Cause
    i am the immersionist/ roleplayer type of gamer and I dont want to farm or grind something. if i need to do it, i do it for max 2 hours. I have no fun need to do things mandatory.
    I dont want to be stupid an waste things and still expect an effort, but i want to play lazy and not everytime focussed on efforts. and this brings me to 2.
    The second point is, i am total casual as i am a singleparent man and just play a few hours a Week. I guess some play a day what i play a week.
    3rd point is i am full mage and regs consumption is partly higher than income from selling weapons and materials.

I am in a guild, but as i said i dont like to grind or rush through scenes to bossmobs and kill them 20 times. Boring as hell to me although i see the effort.
    But i decide not to play that way.

I have my outcome, but to spend money on raffle tickets i need to play more hours or need to be possible to grind more effective.
    I'm adeventurer Level 55.
    But i found a way to build my deck in a way that i can manage 4-6 Bandits in a bulk and kill them in some Minutes.

That was yesterday, before i noobed total with too much damage Skills that prevent me for beeing effective while wasting regs into Mobs that i cannot take down in the end. before i need to try to pull single targets out of the bulk.

Here's what i wrote about my "issue" in the r35 complaining thread :p
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?posts/694924/

Edit: Beside that i have a tax free Village House :)
    And I love the Game like i never love a game for Decades.
    I wish i could retire from wird ans my daughter were already studying :-D

Sorry im not native english, so maybe there are mistakes

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Numa likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Stundorn I highly recommend doing the quests as they're much less tedious than grinding mobs. Hidden Vale has many but even towns in Novia (Ardoris is one) are full of them. Since you're probably wearing cloth or leather don't forget to pick up Distract, Camouflage and Silent movement in the subterfuge talent tree. You often will prefer to stealth your way through rather than fight while questing. Happy hunting :)

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Oh really, are there now more quests that aren't broken?
    I did a lot in the beginning but end up broken quests in Braemar, Ardoris, Soltown etc.
    But i will give it a try again. I like questing, espacially this way with keywords, parser style :)

I use Moonmagic o hide and crowd control, i hope Shadowwalk would prevent more from taking aggro, but thats another discussion ;)

Nhili Dragon and Numa like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I used to rely on Moon magic stealth too but the stealth would break when I recast the spell. The subterfuge stealth moves don't break when you refresh them so I switched to those. Magical stealth though is probably more effective - tried to steal a candlestick while in Camouflage mode but the bartender caught me anyway. Should have used Distract now that I think about it.

Send me a list of those broken quests - if I can work my way through them will let you know :)

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I can re-cast shadowwalk without any issue, but i guess i cannot steal without become visible.
    If i going for quests and find one broken, i can inform you.

sorry for offtopic

Numa likes this.
  14. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You can always run around now and do the roaming encounters. Try for the skeleton ones....better loots off them. But you get harvesting in them as well. Sell everything and save it up....also the skele one has some reagents

15. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

So I bought a house through the add-on, and a lot deed in game. So it's worthless? I have houses I can't place anywhere?

16. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

@Synthetic9 - What type of Lot Deed do you have?

If it says "Player Owner Town" on it, then you may only claim a lot inside a player owned town. If it does not, then it should be a "Place Anywhere" deed; which will allow you to claim a lot in any NPC, PRT, or POT.

This link has good information about the different types of lots, deeds, houses; restrictions and all that.

Player Housing Primer

17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Is anything in either image a lot? First is what the vendor was selling, second is my inventory. Or are these all just houses with different icons?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Unfortunately, none of those are lot deeds. Lot deeds are no longer sold by Merchants (Though you can find them being sold by Player Vendors)

A lot deed will look like this:
    [​IMG]
    (The one above is for "Player owned towns" and is a "Town" sized Lot Deed)

19. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Okay thanks... just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. They should clean up the player guides etc, as I did all the purchasing based on that. Would make sense to bundle houses with lots as an option too. It's a little confusing to the new player, and with misinformation still in-game a little frustrating. Anyway thanks for the assist!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.