Some general questions about pledge/ backer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cravens, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cravens

Cravens Avatar

im definatly going to back this game soon but i am having trouble deciding what pledge i should pick. Im sure that there is a more detailed page for what each pledge will geet you, but i cant seem to find it. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. If there is no one page maybe someone can get help me verbally. I would like access to Beta atleast and possibly even Alpha, i would like atleast one plot of land to start with, and titles/"helper" tools/equipment arent a huge deal to me. Thanks for any help i can get from you guys and i hope to see you guys ingame soon

2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

You can review the spreadsheet in my signature. Let me know if you have any questions.

Wodin likes this.
  3. Lord Adz

Lord Adz Avatar

Sent you private message please look at it.

Welcome to SotA community!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Thank you to Koldar and Aldric for being helpful Stewards and examples of what this community should be striving to achieve. :) And welcome to the community Cravens!

Jatvardur and Fireangel like this.
  5. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

To get a plot of land to start with you have to pledge to the Citizen level ($550) to include it in your pledge. If you don't care about any of the extras and just want alpha/beta access and the game you can do a minimal pledge, Adventurer $45. If you want alpha/beta access and future episodes included $90 gets you the Royal Artisan which includes 2&3. $140, explorer gets you all 5 games and alpha/beta to all the games. Then you can go into the add-on store and purchase a deed for land. ($150) and while you are at it consider one of the cool houses in there. So to meet your request at the minimum would be $195 total cost, adventurer + add-on land.

Hope that helps.

6. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

One advantage of a Citizen level pledge is that your lot is tax free. So you don't have to keep paying on it to keep it. Gettting it through other means (store or purchase with in-game gold) would carry tax with it so you'd have to continually pay upkeep on it.

I'm not clear on what specific requirements there would be to keep the lot as a citizen since there's no tax. i.e. if you don't log in for 6 months do you still have the lot? Or do you simply have to log in once per month or something? There was something vague about being "active" but not sure what that actually means.

7. Cravens

Cravens Avatar

one more thing i fogot to add. if i have a friend also playing this game and he has already pledged and got a land parcel... if i pledge and get a land parcel is there a way that we can be next to eachother or is it gonna be a case where they land plots are randomly given and we could be on other sides of the world?

8. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

It is not random, it is based on pledge level from the order of higher to lower, and within the same pledge level you will have higher priority if you pledged more than your peers. There will be multiple lot selection windows in which people select their property in order. Exactly how this will work, how long a time each pledge level will have to decide and such are unknown as far as I know, at this time.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the community. :)

Mishri likes this.
  9. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'd expect if you both pledge Citizen Level or higher you'll be able to find a place where you can be next to each other.

And yes, as someone else said, that rent free status should be a big bonus and all the other things you get with it including the house helps a lot when you consider the cost. vs doing it via the add-on store.

11. Cravens

Cravens Avatar

thanks again for all your guys help. I have one more question. Lets say i pledge duke. would I end up with multiple plots of land since they seem to be stacking upon eachother or will I have only one plot of land with multiple houses or how does that work? sorry guys i know im asking alot of questions I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I pledge thinking i will get one thing and get another.

the reason I ask this is that i seen on the site i seen (Property deeds duplicated )

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

There are specific sized plots. With a Duke pledge, you get one "City" deed which allows you to claim one city plot or one town plot or one village plot. You can buy an additional Village deed in the add-on store, but that will only allow you to claim a Village plot. They may or may not add City and Town deeds to the add-on store.

Each plot of land will allow you to build one of the house models you own at any given point in time. As a Benefactor Duke, you would get the Benefactor Duke-level house, plus all benefactor houses below that level...so quite a few. You can then build one of those on your plot. You will be able to switch which one is on your plot. However, how I understand it currently, you can only build city-sized models on city plots, Town-sized models on town plots, etc. So if you want to build a knights house, you would have to claim a village plot instead of the city plot. But I doubt you will want to choose a knights house over a Duke's house. The size of the city plots looks gigantic.

13. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

I believe that property deeds are one per (Citizen+) donation. My suggestion would be to look at the homes that have already been featured (specifically in the 6-month progress video), and decide which one you want, then pledge from that knowledge.

Koldar likes this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Exactly. You only get one deed per citizen+ pledge.

15. Cravens

Cravens Avatar

okay guys thanks this help tremendiously, i will be making my decision later on tonight after i talk with the group of guys im gonna be playing with and decide what would be best for us. Thanks again and i look forward to playing along side you guys in the near future

Koldar likes this.
  16. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yes the part about deeds duplicated goes on to say anything duplicated is limited to 1, so 1 deed, 1 house servent etc.. So you wouldn't be able to all pitch in to buy a duke level and then spread out the rewards below it to your friends. because you wont have duplicated rewards.

Koldar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.