Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exited Roving Encounter to Black Screen

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Lord Andernut, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

10/19/2016 9:38 PM
    Title: Exited Roving Encounter to Black Screen
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    1) I was pulled into an encounter with an altar and a mage summoning other skeletons. (I never saw the overland skeleton that would have pulled me in but perhaps was not paying attention).
    2) I left and as I was zoning in on the overworld map a bandit came up and triggered another encounter.
    3) I exited the bandit encounter to a black screen. I was in the game, it wasn't frozen and I could turn and see the compass moving, but the entire scene was black.
    4) Exit to menu and Start on Overworld Map solved the issue.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 8135
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.404.Date.10.18.16
    Area: Novia
    Loc: (-415.4, 17.7, 78.0)

Attenwood likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have some fixes going in for the Roving Encounters expected for 405. If possible, could you attempt to reproduce once 405 releases tomorrow and report back? Thank you.

3. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I had the same issue after a back to back wolf encounter. I was in a totally black area. Used the G key and target a 2000+ hp skeleton and then a 1700+ hp bandit. I exited to the menu and then the map.

4. Attenwood

If able to reproduce this, could you provide your output.log file (from your game directory's data folder) immediately when this is seen again?

I'm interested to see if any errors or exceptions are produced to cause the camera to not load properly into the scene that you are apparently in. :)

5. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

It was a plains encounter by Desolis. I encounter a pack of wolves. killed them. As soon as I left the scene, they jumped me again. There were only 2 (that I saw). I killed them & left the scene. I was jumped by wolves again and entered the black screen. I cast light a few times to know avail, ran around blindly for a bit, before trying the G key.

Is that the file output_log.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar(QA)\Shroud of the Avatar_Data? I have that an attached it here: output_log.zip.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  6. Anna

Anna Avatar

Plains encounter near Jaanaford, 10/20, bandit encounter, back to black screen on overland map. Had to exit and return to get the screen to show. Loc: -217.6, 14.2, -52.0.
    Another encounter, with wolves. Killed some elders, left the scene, momentarily saw the wolf, then black screen on hte overworld. I have the log file, but I don't know how to attach it. loc is -174.3, 13.5, 23.0

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  7. Attenwood

Once the fix to roving encounters is patched in 405, we would appreciate knowing if this issue can be reproduced. :)

8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I as well was caught in an plains road encounter. Each exit I was pulled right back into the encounter no mater how I attempted to go and finally had to log off. I was unable to play. PlayerLoc: -0.01133728, 26.65788, -6.308121

9. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thanks for the additional report. We'd appreciate if you could test this again once patch 405 comes out and let us know if this is resolved.

10. Anna

Anna Avatar

Ok, I tested the same areas that were crashing in 404, and they all appear to be good now. No more black screen. Great job!

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  11. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I have been in a couple of encounters since, although not near Desolis, and no black screen.

12. Attenwood

This issue appears to be resolved. If any additional problems occur re. the Black Screen and Roving Encounters, please rereport. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.