Is Dexterity a good stat in a pure warrior?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Soulessgingr, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulessgingr

Soulessgingr Avatar

Hey guys, i'm a full warrior with 2 hammers and heavy armor (plate). My problem is that I miss a lot (or that's what I think). I was thinking about leveling dexterity to miss less (or fewer).
    BUT i read that all the stats (str, dex, int) affect a skill called "Attack skill" and this skill affect your chances to hit or miss (in theory). The problem is, I didn't find anything about this so called Attack skill, explaining how it works or what it do.
    So if I rise my str, do I rise my chances to hit too? Or do I need raise dexterity to improve my hit chance?

PD: English is not my first language so plss let me know any grammatical error.

Acred, Leelu, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Dexterity is vitally important in landing a hit and landing a critical hit but it also determines the likelihood of you dodging a physical attack, not only that your adventurer level plays a role in your ability to successfully Hit/Dodge an attack, the Mobs Level also plays a part aswel.

Acred, Numa, Leelu and 7 others like this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

As HogwinHD said: Yes, it's very, very important for melee. I found that out the hard way when I was missing nearly every time I'd swing my sword. Once I started leveling up "Train Dexterity", my hits became much more accurate. So train up as soon as possible.

Acred, Numa, Leelu and 4 others like this.
  4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i could have Just Said instead, if you press the ''C'' Key and open your character sheet, And use your mouse cursor and hover over the dexterity stats, it opens a Tool tip that explains what each stat does :)

Acred, Numa, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  5. Soulessgingr

Soulessgingr Avatar

Ha, yeah. I saw it, but I saw too that the dexterity skills were in the subterfuge's tree, and that has nothing to do with a warrior, maybe a rogue.

Ty both for your help, it's seems like I gonna have to train dexterity up.

Acred, Leelu and By Tor like this.
  6. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

While I have no idea how exactly hit chance is calculated, each point of dex also gives 0.05% crit chance (which is also multiplied with crit bonus on gear). It's one of the few ways to really boost your crit chance (the others being the crit skill in Subterfuge and the crit skill in blades).
    Imho every stat is important for every playstyle (maybe except dex for mages if they're not using Air at all). Of course not evenly important, but important nonetheless.

Acred likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Don't see anyway a fighter can play without dex. Even if it was /is 2:1 to strength.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.