From a Just Returning Player What is with the BANK?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zerk2012, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

3. have you ever went outside in the dark and had a moon and could actually see 5 feet in front of you without a light source the dark in the lands is just to dark. You can add a moon as a light source just like they have a sun. You can go outside on a clear night and see fairly good a lot of times.

2. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

Having my banks linked as one in the limit of items and weight but not being able to access all the items it's charging me for is not very good.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I like this suggestion too if they stay as they are.

I (and others) had also made the suggestion that if they want to develop 'regional' economies, that it would be better for the game to have 'regional' banks. Instead of every little zone having a seperate bank, have the bank shared in all zones within the region.

its an easy simple fix that goes towards the regional economies idea, helps relive some of the frustration for those that hate banks all being completely seperate, but not so far to the global banking as to be completely immersion breaking or go away from the original intent. I think it would be a happy medium that would be better for everyone.

4. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I like the game also BUT in UO you items were available no matter where you accessed it. Same with DAoC , WOW and I believe Shadowbane.

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

That made my day.

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Well, we've always been "regional", I think I said that... Regional economy is what we're striving for also, why else would it be so hard to travel and carry heavy loads?

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Not sure what scene you're walking around in (admittedly, there might be some that haven't been tweaked to match the rest), but I've been in several town scenes and numerous wilderness scenes at night, and have never NEEDED a light source, as the shattered moonlight is more than enough. I cast the light spell just because I want to in those situations. The caverns however, those re dark, and need to be so!

I noticed this the other day, and still not really bothered by it. EVE Online, a still-modern MMO that has tens of thousands of concurrent players on it's single server, keeps coming up, and this time is no different as it is very similar to this, with the exception of the slot/weight limits being universal while inventory is local. Everything you had was wherever you had left it, whether that was back in one of the starter systems, another cluster, or an entirely unknown galaxy away, and your options were: go and get it, or create a shipping contract for someone to bring it from point a to point b. If it could be done without chance of exploit, I would hazard the opinion that it would be cool as hell to see shipments in the overland map, and be able to attack them a la wild west train heist. That notwithstanding, the idea to allow at-cost shipping from one bank location to another, with a delay in New Britannian days appropriate to distance, would be a small gold sink that would be convenient for the player.

Your other claims, well... for one, I find it hard to swallow that you have only been gone five months from the development cycle, and find the bank situation to be such a surprise when it has been a fact for a very long time. The insinuation that they are doing this without an intent to deliver (money grab) borders on offensive, and runic... honestly... with a few exceptions, it is a letter-for-letter replacement. It can't be THAT hard to train yourself to at least recognize patterns, if not specific letters. Be glad they don't have everything in the game written in runic so that you have to dig THAT deep in order to puzzle things out!

8. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I feel ya - unfortunately, we are the minority and most players seem to think this a good thing and a "feature" of the game.

Terrible design choice if you ask me as well - it does absolutely nothing to assist regional economies which are a real joke LOL.

There are those that offer services to move mass items around for you for a fee - that alone throws the regional economy out of whack. Not to mention the game isn't even live yet and there are already gazillionaires everywhere LOL - I happen to not be one of them :(

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Then we are lucky that SotA wants to just cater to the single player RPG fans, the sandbox MMO fans, the thempark MMO fans, PvP players, story fans, cardgamers, hotbar fans, action combat fans housing fans and oldschool fans. ;)

10. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Sliding up the brightness helped me a lot.

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

So the devs can grief the players of course. 8^p

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I honestly think its to add practical value to owning property.
    Ever since i picked a spot n setup, all of this became a non issue to me.
    Houses and lots arnt just for looks ;)

13. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Which is great if the devs intended for everyone to own land (which they do not).

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Which is fine, but means if you didnt sink thr time or money into it, then you gotta just plan bank accordingly.
    Or rent a room off people for storage.
    *shrug*
    When i was starting i found the banking a mild inconvenience. Spent the day farming 1 skull thugs, bought more space, did 1 big haul anytime i shifted regions.
    I agree could add some kinda fee for shifting stuff over from bank to bank, but its being exaggerated of how inconvenient it is, by an OP who comes off as trolling lol.

15. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

The idea is to have regional economies. For example out by etceter mines and the silver mines I bet you can find silver on local town vendors for cheaper than an area where there is no silver spawn. In that are where silver doesn't spawn let's say copper spawns . So copper is cheaper in this area of the world. That is why only gold is universal and items are not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.