House PvP

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Ice Shenron, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Should add
    I could have also miss-understood what he was getting at, but that was the impression I got.

2. stile

stile Avatar

P.P.S. - I would also assume where talking that something like this would only apply to low valued items. stacks of reagents maybe, ore.. things you can go out and get without spending a fortune. Obiously having rares or the best gear do this sort of thing wouldnt work.. otherwise id just run around letting things kill me all the time! Or maybe higher end items have a REALLY small chance of doing this. take item value, assign percentage of chance with increases probability the lower the item value.

I would think it would be a concern for abuse though, so completely get what your saying. But if it could be done.. think about how many options that opens up for looting immersion in the game, without causing upset to anyone :)

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

Sorry, by the time you quoted me I was had updating (editing) my post :) - mostly wording, the concepts are the same.
    Oh, I understand Stile. Starr and Richard talked about that system and how it could be used as a way to connect players too. There are several differences between that system and the one you proposed (although they are similar in nature). One difference is that such event (the one about the mob loot) will be controlled by the game rather than by the player (spawn of mob with x item / indefinite frequency chance).
    Another point is item amount generation on a timer, which players may have control over based on the system you proposed. There are several flaws that would need to be worked out but as I said, not impossible to fix.

4. Espada

Espada Avatar

My internet had a webrgasm... It is fixed now. Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.

5. stile

stile Avatar

*nods nods* - I just posted that most recent before I saw you posted *chuckles*.. and sorry about the triple post... not sure what happened there.

interesting ideas. I hope they could do something with them, but ultimately if they cant id rather not have them then have any security issues in the game. But boy, wheneve i hear stuff like that i think "This is why i trust these dev's, they are brilliant!!!". Its to bad tech is always limiting some of their concepts!!!

6. stile

stile Avatar

GAAHHH!! sorry also.. having issues on my side apperently as well.

7. Espada

Espada Avatar

They were double posts :) - They were edited and deleted.

8. E n v y X I I I

E n v y X I I I Avatar

I'm quite happy to grind hard in the game to get enough gold to buy/rent a house, buying my first house in ultima online was such an acheivement and it made me feel great, donating takes this away, people who haven't donated enough should not be worried, donators are essentially taking a great experience from themselves I feel.

9. rendix

rendix Avatar

Re-watch that video interview with Starr.

He stated that those items would be cycled into monsters from items sold to shops by players. The items already exist, they are just being circulated.

Its possible on that notion, however, to also add some percentage of those items to potential idocs, though.

10. Hughes

Hughes Avatar

I hope we can place in free zones outside of cities thats where the fun of urban warfare city fighting comes in. We should be able to develop our own player towns all over the world.

11. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Welcome to the forums.
    This is not going to be a feature in Episode 1, and probably not ever.

Koldar likes this.
  12. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

To add to Sir Frank's comment, RG has stated that he really didn't like how UO turned into one vast track of housing butted up against each other and that therefore in this game housing would be serverly limited

I don't know how limited because Chris also said one of the reasons to go with a hex system was to break the 1:1 conection so in theory cities could be as big as they want them to be and still be the same size on the overall map

rild, Koldar and Sir Frank like this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, I think they would rather expand the layouts of existing cities while they have a chance as the game is still being developed. But once Episode 1 is launched, Richard and Tracy would need to create a backstory, the NPCs, their scripts, dialog trees, quests, non-player buildings and services, etc. before any new static POI is added. They aren't just going to plop down a new village / town / city that's only filled with player housing. There's a lot more work involved, but if the need is there and they have the resources and time, sure. The alternative would be player-run guild towns.

14. Shadowladysage

Shadowladysage Avatar

I always felt like player run towns is what made my UO Server at least- Napa Valley. Grimore for gods sake! GRIMORE!!!!

[​IMG]

rild and smack like this.
  15. Arkhan

Arkhan Avatar

I thought house PvP was a good idea in theory, but a stupid one in practice because of how people kind of abused it.

It really broke immersion in UO when you'd walk past houses with missing walls on the second story so people could dive out of their houses and run down the road and kill someone.

You typically don't just cruise out of the second story of a castle on a horse...

I could live without house-related PvP in SotA. It doesn't really add that much to a game.

rild likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.