Bone armor a let down

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by MrBlight, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

not sure if its still not balanced or what, but man was it a disapointment after i made it.
    Even got exceptional peices.. and it doesnt even come close to matching up to other stuff.
    and its what.. anyone else find that its not worth running, let alone making?

Sara Dreygon and RadioMan like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Can you provide some screen shots of the stats?

Wasn't the advantage of bone armor supposed to be that you could enchant them more than regular armor? Also, can you masterwork bone armor?

3. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

Yeah for how hard it is to get, it is underpowered.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It has some bonus durability, but the other stats are not very good.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ill post SS later, im on phone atm. I can tell you that the gloves , was a whopping aditional 10 durability to the max ( 60/60 instead of 50/50)

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

And with the Pray-and-Click Masterworking and Enchanting system, whats the point anyway?

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

oh snap i forgot to post it
    Yea i gotta say it was... really.. really underwhelming.

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yeah. It's too expensive to take advantage of the additional durability... it doesn't do much good to enchant and masterwork something so expensive three times each when the success rate at GM to do so is around 15%.

I think with obsidian and bone armor (and white iron and constantan to some extent as they give a set Health and Focus bonus amount instead of percentage which becomes less useful at higher levels) shroud is lacking some diversity in armor as everyone wears about the same armor (meteoric or bronze)... I know the nothing crafted should be OP - even rare armor like bone - but I believe it should at least be equal in its own way so that some light armor wearers still wear it despite the cost. Currently obsidian and bone armor are nothing more than cool costumes and I would MUCH rather see them useful enough to see some players wearing them to add a bit of diversity to the game. Currently, they're awesome looking but relegated to beging hidden in the bank :( @DarkStarr

Kaisa and MrBlight like this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Not to mention im 90% sure Obsidian Sheet recipie got forgotten with the patch, so you cant even make obsid plate atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.