If you get evicted from a POT, do you get your lot deed back?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Marishka, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marishka

Marishka Avatar

Or do you only get the house deed back + items?

Leelu likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You get your lot deed back as well, of course. :)

Leelu and Marishka like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

To add to Kara there.

Yes you get the deed back.
    You lose nothing but the location.
    Everything on the lot goes to the local bank. Including house, basement and deco.

Leelu, Numa and Marishka like this.
  4. Marishka

Marishka Avatar

Thank you both! I hopped on a spot before I could contact the owner ;) I think I probably lose my taxes if I prepay, but I was mostly worried about the row deed. Thanks again!

5. reuge

reuge Avatar

The
    the taxes are refunded into your account of the deed is removed by you or if you are evicted.

6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

If you lost your deed due to tax money running out, the deed does accumulate the two weeks of back taxes that must be paid off before you can place it again as well.

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

It is highly unlikely that the governor of a POT will evict you just because you initially neglected to tell him/her that you claimed a lot. Most are trying to fill up their POTS with occupants. Just leave them a note that a newcomer is in town :)

Leelu, Spoon and Marishka like this.
  8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Sometimes there are accidental things as well, such as in Bastion's Point last month when we changed templates and had to perform a mandatory wipe. We tried as hard as we could to contact and prepare everyone, placed signs, posted on websites and in discord, but even the best of intentions cannot quell the shock and fear of logging in to that "You have been Evicted" screen. :oops: Worse Yet, we had planned for it to happen in December, but the team was super efficient and got it done in the same month we requested it. Glad we logged onto QA cause it gave us a few days to prepare at least!

Even though we took the time to replace all the lots and re-reserve for each and every resident, we still do not have a way to message every one or put up a MOTD. Its too bad, because we simply don't see every resident. Some are in different time zones, others just keep to themselves, which is totally fine - but again, the sight of being Evicted could emotionally frustrate someone enough that they don't even want to look for signs, or other postings.

But, I digress, yes as everyone said, you lose nothing but the location should eviction happen and I can tell you as an owner, many of us do feel horrible when things like that happen.

Kara Brae, Leelu, Marishka and 2 others like this.
  9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

I have had this happen to me at Dragon's Fall, evicted from 3 lots and 600+ objects returned to the bank!
    Dragon's Fall had also a template change.

When this happens, you think what the h***, but a few days later I had my lots back but placing 600+ objects again is a major pain in the a**

Kara Brae, Leelu and Marishka like this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unfortunately, town name, location, and template change(s) will cause everything to be sent to the bank.

Numa, Stryker Sparhawk and Leelu like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It has been said they are working on a tool to allow players to "remember" the décor set up like the one saved house designed for UO. But do not hold your breath - there are plenty of tools they have said are coming that have far out completion dates

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Not 100% sure, but I think if the govenor changes his/her character name, that may also trigger a rebuild of the scene.

@Attenwood - can Dan confirm what changes actually reset the entire POT

I think a template rotation only rotates the skybox and does not reset the scene.

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I am not sure how other towns are set up, I keep Row Lots already placed and a few other lots open for anyone to claim. Other than that, if a player wants a different location, all they have to do is ask for a lot to be placed somewhere. The majority of my town does not have lots down, so players have a choice where in the scene they would like to be. Unless the owner changes from like forest 1 to island 1 for example, you should not get removed from a lot,unless the owner sets a lot to be claimed by anyone and they meant it to be reserved.
    In any case,players should be notified if there is some issue before randomly removing their lot and reverting all their items to the bank and negating their hard decorating time. This should be a rare,but it seems to be happening regularly. As in the case of many towns tho, players from different time zones, players who are taking a break or are on vacation, many factors can result in a surprise eviction when a town is wiped or one lot removed. But, imho, town owners need to be certain of a scene they settle on before deciding to have lots open for players to claim, but all things being equal,they may later see a scene they love more than the one they have. Some things may not be able to be avoided.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.