Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed]Torpor effects not going away, missing visual

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by amnipar, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

12/11/2016 2:33 PM
    Title: Torpor effects not going away, missing visual
    Reproduction Rate: missing visual 100%, stuck 100% with re-cast before strength buff timeout
    Blocker? Character stuck, unable to proceed except with logout+login
    Details: Casting Torpor leaves character stuck in place and in combat mode, unable to do anything
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast Torpor on a character, re-cast before strength buff times out
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90GHz (4) System RAM: 8110
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.427.Date.12.09.16
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills01_SuperstitionCanyon
    Area Display Name: Superstition Canyon
    Loc: (450.7, 12.4, 335.4)

As described above, I used Torpor on my character when in combat mode. A few times I only observed that there is no visual effect when casting, but otherwise the spell worked as before. Then, after a few times, the spell effects did not go away. The character remained stuck in place, in combat mode, unable to perform any action or use any spells, and unable to use /stuck. The spell effect tooltip in top left corner shows negative remaining time for the effects (ex. +14 strength -10 seconds) and periodically the time loops back to 0 and starts to count down again. Only way to resolve seems to be to log out. Maybe dying helps as well, but didn't stay to wait for mobs to appear. Will update the report if/when can reproduce.

[Edit: details for reproduction]

Update: can reproduce 100% if re-cast Torpor before strength buff from previous cast times out. If wait until strength buff remaining time goes negative, can re-cast without getting stuck, but every strength buff remains visible with negative time. Could repeat this at least 15 times. However, the buff disappears appropriately, so although the buff remains visible with negative time, the effects do not remain.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

Update: reproduced. It seems that 'stuck in place in combat mode unable to do anything' does not happen every time. I used Torpor several times without getting stuck. But I did notice that the strength buff does get stuck almost every time, and it stacks. I had 3 times +14 strength with negative time left, and had a total of 92 strength. Finally I got stuck, and this time also knocked back, damage avoidance, and gain health buffs stayed on with negative time in each. I do not know if this is random. What may have had effect was, that this time I cast Torpor twice in rapid succession, and the effects of the previous cast were still active when re-cast. Log-out and back in removes the effect.

Update: seems that the bug is indeed caused by re-casting before strength buff times out. However, contrary to the previous claim, the buffs do not stack or remain in effect. Could not test if dying helps in getting unstuck, since the buff is so strong that even two obsidian golems couldn't inflict any damage to my character (which seemed wrong, almost as if the character became invulnerable).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Thanks for the report, @amnipar. I will submit this to the team for review.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great find! Bug submitted! 38321

5. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

@Attenwood Not reproduced anymore in QA Win.64.431, seems to be fixed. Visual effect is back, too.

Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.