Boats and horses

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by silverserpent, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

That's what I would like. The Ultima games of Richard's had you braving pirates, whirlpools, and monsters. With the new tech of today we could probably have storms and waves etc. Horses would be neat to get around. Maybe have a stagecoach and hire someone to drive you around if you are a wealthy merchant or Lord.

2. Zoradane

Zoradane Avatar

Great Idea

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I loved the horses in Oblivion. You could see the horse as you were riding it, you moved a ton faster on the horse compared to running, there were different colors you could own and you could name them. Best usage of horses I've seen in any newer game so far (they were terrible in Skyrim). UO does a pretty good job with horses as well.

Definitely have horses. Me and Wildfire will enjoy yet another world to adventure in!

4. banalitybane

banalitybane Avatar

I was only thinking this yesterday.

I realise the scope of the game is finite, but wouldn't it be awesome if players could craft ships and make that a profession. "Gareth the ShipMaker".

You could expand on Silverserpent's awesome idea, and have actual trade wagons as well. Imagine a player, instead of being an adventurer, being the Head of a Merchant House. They could send their goods via land or sea and adventurer types could sign on as caravan guards. The trade routes/wagons would could be prey to monsters, or on PvP servers, bandits.

I also envisaged being an explorer and being able to discover faraway lands, and then having to get a foothold in said land. Players could go along to settle on the frontier. You'd have to build ramshackle huts and forage for food until you'd established yourself. There could be raids from unfriendly monsters.

I think RPing being a colonist would be awesome fun. You'd only have the gear you brought and would have to be self-reliant, cunning and resilient to survive. Imagine if you built your foothold into a village, then a city? You could become a kingdom in your own right. You could be a landholder or noble in the frontier and go back to the "civilised" cities to find you're treated like a bumpkin. I think it has a lot of potential.

Ships would be extra important then...ferrying new colonists and goods to the frontier, and resources and exotic items back to "civilisation".

Just a thought. Sorry I hijacked a little here.

5. Enceladus

Enceladus Avatar

We also need flying and swimming; into the depths of the ocean

6. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

Please stock the waters with fish, creatures, monsters, all sort of possible booga boogas. And please have stuff for players to find underwater, treasure, sunken ships with all sorts of stuff for players to find.

Yes on boats, ships craft able by players. Islands where people can go to adventure, hide, set up camp, whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.