Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback for Sun tree

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Looking at sun tree from a fundamental point-of-view there are some strong points and weak points in this magic mastery.

Strong:
    celestial (sun) oriented dynamic (general effectiveness)
    general offensive range and defensive

Weakness:
    With Light spell as the base ability (and not being a innate which I'd argue it should), leaves the player trying to do initial 'training' in this path by repeatedly casting Light on and off. I find this behavior confusion to the player's expected approach.
    possible solution is to make Light Innate and would train semi-autonomously? or else give it some combat component..

I had a idea earlier which would correlate training effectiveness also with Sun's visibility in the sky.

Another idea for potential experimentation could be 'Reveal Hidden' offering dual use for travelling on the Map by offering a magical sextant-like improvement for group travel. Allowing your party to find better paths and know your location more accurately?

cheers

Paladin Michael and Chris like this.
  2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I used to like the sun tree, and then they killed Searing Ray and I moved on. Maybe I'll check it out once it gets rebalanced.

Paladin Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.