Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to destroy Broken Hoe

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by ldykllr, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I'm pretty sure I was able to do this prior to the last patch, but I can no longer destroy my broken hoe. I can destroy other broken tools with no issues. I also cannot sell it back to a vendor (which I can still do with other tools).

[​IMG]

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@ldykllr, Thanks for reporting. Issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review. We had an issue similar to this awhile back where tools that were issued to an avatar when persistence began were not able to be destroyed and was part of the design. Might this hoe be one that was issued to your character at the beginning?

3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Nope, this was a brand new hoe that I bought off a vendor

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Hmmm actually. Possibly. I can't be sure, now that I think about it. I did pull a hoe out of the bank. I had a lot of hoes (10) in my inventory. Maybe?

5. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

It's probably that. I also have a broken hoe from back when SOTA went persistent, which I cannot discard or get rid of in any way. It shows 0/90 durability and a value of 0. (Normal purchased hoes show a value.)

Just now, I applied a tool repair kit to it and it's now 40/100, a second one (which I did just for testing), brought it back to 80/100. However, given the cost of a new hoe and that of tool repair kits, it is obvious this isn't even close to cost-effective....and this hoe still cannot be destroyed, sold, or discarded. (It can, however, be stored in containers, so I put mine back into a chest I use for cooking, so that I'm never tempted to use it. I have a Hoe of Prosperity anyway.)

I'll wager anything, Idykllr, that this hoe you cannot get rid of is precisely the one you pulled from the bank.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  6. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Technowitch If you annoyed by having the thing in inventory somewhere (I was) you can put it on a public vendor for 12GP and when it expires, it will get deleted from the game.

Technowitch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.