LOOT ME !

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Abydos, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

Yes good point. Full Loot system made crafters invaluable.

Crafters in other games are so pointless because in other games there is simply no reason for more than 1 suit of gear.

I remember in UO asking crafters to make me 10 suits of gear. Then i would take that gear and put them in individual bags im my bank so when i died i grabbed a bag and suited up.

Do you remember the feeling when you got looted in UO. Though yes I was mostly pissed there was this small glee that I got to try out a new suit of gear.

There was a guy in another post who said it best, but basically that which you cannot lose, you take for granted.

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Full Loot = Good for Crafters.

3. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

but baby needs a new pair of shoes. dont be a hater.

as far as the looting, there won't be full looting if they are going to sell stuff for real life money. or at least you wont be able to loot the stuff that is worth real life money. its a real life ethics thing - oh what a quandry.

4. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

The first time I got fully looted in Darkfall I was so happy I almost cried. I actually went to my bank vault and gave the dude a better hammer to kill me with next time. That's how much I missed it and wanted.

Loot me too!

5. mmorpgitalia

mmorpgitalia Avatar

6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Btw, Abydos your "avatar" rocks. I'm envious and can hardly wait to fully loot all the awesome stuff on your corpse. I hope I have much to offer in return. Thanks for taking up sides in the good fight. You are a true pillar of the community.

7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Many Tx ! U ll be welcome LOOT ME PLZ !

8. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

I started a thread about a Concept for new looting skill: Salvaging (An alternative to full loot-PVP)

I would like to take a stand and say I am for Full Loot, but if it does not make the cut, please consider this idea!!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=concept-for-new-looting-skill-salvaging-an-alternative-to-full-loot-pvp

9. chiromancer

chiromancer Avatar

I'd be all for full loot on bodies, pve or pvp... But especially PVP. Perhaps allow people to fully avoid PVP, but opting into it would carry its own incentive besides being able to PVP. I don't think it need be an xp based incentive, but perhaps a 1-5% boost in loot or magic find chance (or if they implement the "as a weapon slays more of X, it can gain bonuses to it" and do that faster.

Inherently, there is already an incentive to NOT engage other players in lethal content, look at the popularity of care bear wow servers: you game with much less grief. Giving people the option allows the "market" to decide for itself, but if you expose yourself to more risk, you have more chance at higher reward while more chance of getting your skull cracked at unpleasant times.

A mix of Murder flagging and Karma can add further balance. My little thoughts.

10. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

I agree with full looting ONLY if the potential of getting caught is not in the looter's favor and the consequences of doing so are severe.

Most people don't wander around today in real life steeling and killing at will because the potential of getting caught is high and the resulting consequences can be severe.

If an RPG is to be more realistic, the rewards of doing any unlawful acts should be offset by the risks; that is of course unless the game is designed to promote anarchy.

11. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

This games setting is also not todays world, but more like a few hundred years ago plus some magic and stuff. And at that time people DID murder at will for small things like some money, or loot.

So yes, full-loot or no game!

12. RiminiVant

RiminiVant Avatar

@crachazz: As far as I understand it from RG's interview with EuroGamer the idea so far is to have open loot for PvP.

<a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-richard-garriotts-shroud-of-the-avatar-whats-the-big-idea">

13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

im whit u Crachazz

14. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I would also like for npc monsters to loot me. I would like to find other player's loot on monsters that they could not kill.

15. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I don't think full looting should be there for players, even monsters generally can't or haven't been able to loot EVERYTHING, maybe just a certain number of items like 2 or 3, if one is your sword and some of your armour... that certainly is not fun to try to get back to town, but before insurance in UO that's what had to be done.

16. stile

stile Avatar

Im all for full looting, with some minor exceptions. Call it mostly full looting .

Some things are comparable to bless deeds from uo Why? They are tied to you and just cant be taken (or if they are the find their way back). These are the exception to full looting. I cant say what these should be as i dont know what well have. Ethreal steeds and rune books made sense to be blessed in uo, as an example. Kickstarter items maybe. If your getting a reward because you spent money to help make the fame for all, those rewards shouldnt be able to be looted.

There should be safe areas. Some towns and cities for an example, where law is upheld (vs. say a brigand town). No looting a corpse in your own homes (steven brust had it right in the jhereg series.. A persons home in fantasy is best when a sanctuary)

There should always be some method for you to safely get something to your bank or house when you first obtain it. I.e. you log in, and you get your kickstarter rewards, or a vetran reward, or win a lottery.. And then are ganked = full looting taken to far. Maybe all items are non lootable for x-amount of time when you first get it. Such as ultra rare loot drops. You have a grace period but after that, be carefull!

There should be repercussions for attacking, killing, looting innocents. Bounties, not being able to go certain places (this can work both ways - the brigand town wont want mr. Righteous coming around).

New characters should have a grace period to figure out the game.

On the same topic im also for house decay (speaking figuratively). No this shouldn't be a short duration. Maybe you need to refresh every 6 months or so. Real life happens. You get in a car accident, and spend months in hospital. Who knows? But there has to be a within reason for something that will be limited like housing lots. But once that within reason DOES come up, and its clear someone quit the game, or at least cant take a few minutes to refresh you not only loose it, but the goods go back to other players. The town siezes everything and has a 24 hour foreclosure auction on all goods maybe..

17. Sir joebar

Sir joebar Avatar

@all people who ask for more reality and full looting.
    What about if your Avatar is "really" dying in PVP and you have to start with a new Avatar without experience? Then you have reality nearly as in real life ;-)
    and you have to think carefully about killing other Players.

Sir Guni likes this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Find me priest plz and RESS ME :D So, loot me befor ...

19. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I don't really care about full looting at all. To me its kind of silly that you're going to stop in the middle of combat and spend 10 minutes undressing a corpse for a set of armor that's never going to realistically fit someone else.

But what I hate was in a game such as RIFT or WoW where someone could bring a legendary sword of godliness into a 10v10 match and completely unbalance everything with no fear that they could lose said sword.

I believe that PvP provides the ultimate in both player created content and as a test of skill for gating the end game. I've played the same WoW battlegrounds thousands of times and they're still fun, even though I think WoW has probably the worst PvP system of modern MMOs due to the gear imbalance.

20. Owain

Owain Avatar

full loot serves to remove someone from combat, at least temporarily, otherwise, people res with full gear, and return to the fight endlessly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.