Worries about the end Product.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

If we can be "magicaly" beamed into a "magical" world filled with "magic", shouldn't we be able to assume our true forms, or go on the Elven Heritage quest like in UO or something?

*I wonder what became of RG/LB's vision for Tabula Rassa? Just thinking out loud since you mentioned visions and stuff...

blaquerogue likes this.
  2. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

I'm worried that this game may be so awesome that I poop my pants.

docdoom77, monxter and TigerKhan like this.
  3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I have concerns.

BillRoy and blaquerogue like this.
  4. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

You get 1 avatar.

Choose wisely because "immersion" and "investment".....

Carlin the Archer likes this.
  5. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I was stating the reasoning behind it. It is how they are building the story line. In some cases visions change, only time will tell if this one does.

BillRoy likes this.
  6. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Really? 1 avatar? I assume then that this isn't going to be like UO where you had 700 points to spend on your character...Otherwise leveling every profession will not be an option. I do enjoy being able to level everyting on 1 character if that is where this is headed...

BillRoy likes this.
  7. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

docdoom77 likes this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Oh thanks for that info. I'm okay with this as long as I can learn 50%...I will just get 2 accounts.

9. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

The one avatar only has not been set in stone. The Dev team and Lord British has stated that we will be able to do most things. That the biggest limitation will be built into the combat system, so that if you learn to much it can hinder how effective you are in combat.

10. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Hopefully they give us at least 2 or 3 character slots...My crafter characters in UO were quite whimpy but they were able to at least use a sword. I would guess to have a high quality fighter character there will be 0 room for professions, unless it works to your benefit to learn scribing with your mage. Can't wait to see more on these things in Dec.

11. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

This isn't actually the case. Reason being is the combat system they are looking to use. With the random generation of available combat skills that available to use, if a character has to many combat skills trained then they risk not getting the needed skills to become available during a combat encounter. This will limit the amount of points a person will put into combat skills. Which means the Devs can allow avatars more skill points with out the worry of over powered combat builds because of this diminishing return.

12. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

...but still only ever the one char... so if you randomly picked elf with limp, you're stuck being called stumpy for all eternity or re-rolling... because immersion...

13. smack

smack Avatar

The skill deck that you build determines what is randomly dealt during combat. It doesn't randomly draw from your entire pool of skills that you've trained in.

14. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Truly, a true roll-player's dream come true...and that's the truth.;)

15. Mappo

Mappo Avatar

I have only one question/concern....what happens once you finish your storyline?? UO had no storyline it was true sandbox game so there never was an end. Games like EQ or WOW keep adding new content to move the "end game". What is going to be SoTA's end game or will it be open ended?

BillRoy likes this.
  16. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Wow didn't have a storyline, it had gear grind, then in a year, New more powerful gear to grind for. Sota I think will be open sandbox, they can add stuff on the fly by changing hexes based on criteria like, time of day, your progress in quests, state of the world by control points. Any time you enter a hex, though you've been there before, it could be different.

In wow the story was played out for you in opening cinematic.

17. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I keep putting myself in the place of someone who hears about the game a week after launch. I don't know anything about the game, I just happen upon it by chance. Would I play? What would concern me or what would stop me in my tracks?

1) Housing - The face of the game (thus far) looks great. At this point, a week after launch, a good portion of the housing is gone and certainly the "best spots" are long gone. When I post my concern of the forums I met with "there will be more housing in episode 2." Yes, gamers are known for their patience.
    2) One Playable Race - I can RP being something else? What?
    3) One Character Slot - I guess this reinforces point #2. You're human! Be a human! Only one human...ever!
    4) Taming - Most expensive version of taming in gaming history. (Without tailoring the collars and enchanting the enchantments yourself, and who know what else...taming will cost a player gold. Taming is typically "free" in most other games)
    5) Loot - A player-driven economy is fine. The backlash is that loot becomes less exciting. Instead of finding a glowing Sword of Awesomesauce (+4 million Damage), I can get an ok sword made by a player....yay. Besides, fighting endless hordes of evil for crafting materials is the stuff of legend. o_O
    6) Combat System - Nuff said...
    7) Text-based NPC's - "I" think it's a cool throw-back. Then again...I'm a dinosaur. I still have a box or two of cassette tapes laying around somewhere...so...not sure where the younger crowd will fall on that one.
    8) Behind the Curve - Just a week after launch and a ton people have a ton of stuff. I have...a pointed stick. And it just broke. Sweet....two pointed sticks...I'm rolling now.
    9) No Horses - Um, no horses? Episode 2? Again, most gamers are infinitely patient. "Good things come to those who wait" could be the gamers' motto instead of, you know....."NOW!!! (Insert very colorful profanity and words that end in "z" instead of "s")!"

So a week after launch, looking with new eyes....those would be my concerns. I'm not bashing the game or looking for a fight...just being honest. Since I have experience with the Ultima universe, of course I would look at it. If I hadn't...man...I don't know. THAT is my greatest concern.

Mishri and BillRoy [ab] like this.
  18. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

I understand them wanting to show founder apreciation with items but eventually i hope they get to making the actual game:p

My worry besides combat is housing availability and it looking like it will be two differet games. One for the ppl that donate and everyone else

Oh and i forgot to mention the fact they mention how cool exploring is yet you cannot walk from point a to b due to the lame dragon age like map. How is it a UO successor again besides being made by the same guy ? Seems like all the coolest things from UO will stay with UO

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  19. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

It would not surprise me in the least if housing would be available to everyone in game after 6 months with starter homes/sheds being Very affordable because of the flack they'll get for not having housing but for the elite, and I wouldn't care. Also that'll be time then to start getting new players interested for Ep2 & donations for the Bigger homes again

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I wonder how long it will take after launch for all the Episode 1 housing lots to be taken?

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.