Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected] Tailoring proficiency not registering.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Contessa, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

2. ?

3. ?

4. I am at level 62 in tailoring, but I cannot learn a recipe for clockwork wings that requires level 60 tailoring proficiency. What am I missing?

5. ?

6. specs? Tailoring at 62.

2. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

User Specs os: Windows 7 Service Pack (6.1.7601) 64bit CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16322 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1989

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You're missing that for some reason the developers refuse to change this so normal people will understand it. There's just about a post a day on this.

Your "proficiency" score is not the same as your skill level. If you do a mouse over on the skill you'll see the proficiency score. To get a 60 proficiency I believe you'll have to get something like a 70 or 72 skill level.

It makes no sense at all why they did it this way, it's confusing and stupid even in retrospect. :) But take heart because you're not alone!

@DarkStarr, you guys need to change this. Seriously, no one gets it the first time and if it were not for the bug hunters refusing to submit a ticket because it's "per design" you guys would have exponential support tickets for it. Please safe yourself the trouble of wondering why you didn't change it to be more intuitive (making the skill and the proficiency the same number) before this game approaches a larger population.

@Attenwood Please submit this for review. Confusing design is confusing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Fyerwall and Daxxe Diggler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.