Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

They fixed Combat Targeting, it works awesome now!

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Thwip, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

If something is attacking your pet and you don't already have a target, THAT should be your target (even though they aren't aggro to you)

if something's targeting a party member, that should be in the list, too.

Personally, I would be happy just going back to the targeting code we used before this reticle was added.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's actually the same as it was before the reticle with the exception that there's automatic targeting if you haven't explicitly targeted something. Before, there was no automatic targeting; if something attacked you then you would just stand there and do nothing until you double clicked a target or pressed the tab key to have the game select for you. You can double click a target to hard-lock it or press the G to have the game select for you (you can also remap Next Target to the tab key, where it originally was).

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Good catch.

I personally prefer the free-attack mouse-look style but it's encumbered by sticky-targeting.

4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

@Chris I agree, PLEASE (pretty please?) reduce the cone of attack that determines what target I hit in front of me, please (ranged)?? I absolutely hate having to hit another key to cycle through targets in order to hit the most threatening one :( This used to work so well, then the cone angle was increased and now it just fires off in any direction sometimes, hitting things I can't even see. How is that the best solution? IF the angle can't be reduced for everyone, can we please (pretty please) have a "slider setting" for folks that want to aim manually again?

Thanks! /rant off

5. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

it was working fine in R37....

6. Calusari

Calusari Avatar

Its just not working.

For example:
    Auto-attack enabled.
    Auto-shooting boss in group. Everything works fine until someone run between me and boss. It auto select that player and stop auto-shooting the boss.

Changing aggro in group will stop auto-attack too :(

So now its broken for auto-shoot/auto attack.

Now i have to keep clicking on targets so i can keep autoshoot:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.