At what level is a skill subject to decay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it still when a skill is above level 20? Since most skills require 40 in order to unlock the skill below it, did they raise the decay minimum to 40?

2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

40 is the minimum, yes.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

At R37 they changed it so that skills don't decay until you reach adventurer level 40 but I'm not sure about the actual skill level. The last I heard, skills do not decay below 20, but 40 is required as a prerequisite for many skills.

4. eli

eli Avatar

I actually learned this today. Skills continue to decay indefinitely. For instance, I have 3 skill trees which stem from Confusion (chaos magic). However, today it decayed to 19.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

..but all the skills dependant on confusion have a prerequisite of 0 for confusion, which is chaotic weird and may be a bug.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

I think they decay only if you have the skill above the level that is prerequisite for the skills lower in the tree.

So tier 0(1) skills decay to 20 (Confusion to 0), other skills decay mostly to level 40, final skills then probably decay to 1.

I suspeect with no xp in the pool and no skills down the tree anything will decay to 0/1 eventually, but it would take insane time of dying and not getting any experience, once all your skills drop to 40ish the death deecay is really small amount of xp.

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Tier 1 is 20,

Anything that has a prerequisite is 40, anything else is 1.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Verified. I got some leaf skills to barely 20, set them to "-", died and then some of them went down to 19.

9. Calusari

Calusari Avatar

For me every spell i unlocked to 40 and set it to "-" doesnt decay. But u have to ding 40+ if stay at 39 it will decay.

Btw skill decay should be removed its just not UO style:(

neveser and Montaigne like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If there's anything below that skill then it will never decay below 40. You also can't lower it below 40. I was talking about leaf skills; skills that have nothing below them.

11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

From my understanding of the original intent. Even skills that maintain 40 due to another skill below them will still decay to 0/1 but only in respect to keeping the other skills available. If you ever go to raise that skill again it may show 40 on your tree but, you will still need to work from 1-40 before you can start raising it again past 40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.