Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Repeated client crashes - Windows 10 driver power state failure

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Lavinia Trask, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavinia Trask

Lavinia Trask Avatar

1. Title: Repeated client crashes - Windows 10 driver power state failure
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker?: Not sure what this is asking for...
    4. Details: Client crashes every time since the new patch after roughly 10 minutes, blue screen of death says DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE as stop code. This only started happening after the latest release (40). No other application (so far) on my machine causes my computer to crash. Just SOTA.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: I have been in a POT, White Hart on Abundis, the entire time trying to craft
    6. User Specs:
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3516 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
    RAM: 8.00GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

What I have tried:
    • Updating my Network/Display adapters
    • Uninstalling my display adapter in Safe Mode
    • Updating Windows
    • Updating power plan for 'High Performance'
    • Setting graphics card to maximize performance, minimize quality for SOTA
    What I am about to try:
    • Playing another MMO (Lord of the Rings Online) to see if it crashes in the same way with the same stop code.
    Please let me know if I should try anything else or provide more information.

Thanks.

2. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

I have this same issue. I have windows 10 and after 5 to 10 minutes my computer glitches then sota becomes non responsive white screen and i have to task manager close it.

Specs:

Windows 10 pro
    i5-2500 3.30GHz MHz 4 core
    Ram - 16GB
    Motherboard - Asus Maximuz IV
    Grapghic - Radeon 6900 HD

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  3. Lavinia Trask

Lavinia Trask Avatar

I have now tried playing another MMO (Lord of the Rings Online) for 15-20 minutes with no game crash. Based on the crashes in SOTA, I would have expected a crash within 10 minutes if the problem were my computer.

4. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

5. Lavinia Trask

Lavinia Trask Avatar

Thank you Mekile for taking the time to offer some help! Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post, I tried restarting in Safe Mode and uninstalling drivers, as that website you link to suggests. I visited the website anyway, just to be sure, went through it again, started up the game, and my computer still crashed with the exact same failure mode in roughly the same amount of time, 10 minutes.

I should also mention I tried one additional thing as well since my last post: going into Device Manager and updating Power Management settings for each device to NOT turn off to save power. This has also not fixed the issue.

6. Lavinia Trask

Lavinia Trask Avatar

Tried something else with some success: to this point, I had been in the same POT, White Hart on Abundis. I tried leaving town, running around on Novia, crafting in an NPC town (Mud), running back into White Hart on Abundis and crafting there again. I was online for 45 minutes total and in the town where I have been repeatedly and reliably experiencing the crashes for 20 minutes with no crash. Perhaps a delay in the effects of updating Power Management settings? I will update again if the issue seems to have fully gone away.

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting to our tech team for review: 43956.

Thank you for the report and your patience as we investigate this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

8. Lavinia Trask

Lavinia Trask Avatar

Thanks. I should say that I haven't experienced the crash since I set my devices not to turn off to save power (logged in for an hour or two three times now since the last post).

I am experiencing other performance issues, but I think they may be related to my graphics card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.