Stretch Goals - Aggregated Suggestions (unofficial)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Whips chains and sheep. hehe +1

Pink Devoid likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

nobody should have to kill sheep to get wool. You could sheer the sheep. lol

cs2501x and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Some kind of mapping system.
    I loved UOAM since I could mark where everything was.
    But I could go for some some cartography map making system where we have to make or buy puzzle pices to fill in our map before we can start marking things.

4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

"Puppeteering" sounds somehow crude lol... but accurate as far as it goes, I suppose, yes. :)

cs2501x likes this.
  5. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

-More (or less) heavily weighted version of OPO

Explanation:

I would like to actually see the "Open Player Online" mode split into two modes.

One would be potentially open to anyone (unlike the friends-only mode where you have to already know them), but be very heavily weighted towards people that the matching system thinks you will get along with/enjoy playing with.

The second would have very minimal weighting, possibly as minimal as a simple "PvP/no PvP" switch.

I could go into pages' worth of explanations and reasonings, but most simply put... the heavily weighted version would be more 'comfortable' for casual gameplay, whereas the second would allow you to see a greater range of people (for instance, a minimally weighted version would be ideal for merchants/shoppers.)

derek6665 (Baldrith) and cs2501x like this.
  6. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Ok. This one is a little more challenging.

Maybe, this can be extended/summaried as themed professions? Perhaps, if possible and appropriate, maybe one for each virtue? (I don't believe there's been a confirmation of the return of the virtues etc, but there may be a reveal or a way to work this in?).

7. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Err, ability to charm players, npcs, and act through other objects in world? ;)

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  8. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Interesting; I like this! Will try to think of a summary for it.

9. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

The goal is simply to aggregate suggestions and interests. While it's true that there is a focus right now on just the core game, the purpose of this thread is simply to understand more about the players' / backers' current interests. Hopefully, as development gets further along there will be topics here that can be further explored.

Isaiah and NirAntae like this.
  10. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I would probably just say "Ability to control the speech/emotes and actions of npcs and pets under player control". Basically, I'd like to be able to set the Knight house servant to greet visitors with my own text, or make my dog bark at someone, or lick them, etc.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That somehow reminds me of another idea that's been discussed a long time back.

Idle Animation Playlists. (and by extension plenty of idle animations to pick and choose from)

12. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Perfect

13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I remember that, wasn't that around the time they were considering the possibility of players' Avatars staying in the world when we logged out.. So we could set them to be doing a basic action in a localized place.. and then they might be available to assist your friends when they are online, if they wanted a second arm for their activities that day while you as a player weren't actually around? I almost forgot about those discussions.

cs2501x likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Actually it was completely unrelated. I had thought an idle playlist could provide visual character for RP purposes. Say you wanted to RP a very grumpy individual.. you wouldn't want an idle animation to play where your character does something chereful looking for example.. so you would pick and choose which idles play and possibly how often to reflect the personality you wanted your character to have.

cs2501x and Miracle Dragon like this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is definitely high on my list too as far as future addons and stretch goals. I would love to see player created quests, and a robust treasure map system that includes custom instances that replace the normal hex when using a treasure map or player created quest.

cs2501x likes this.
  16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I also would like a robust library system:
    • player created books can be sold at libraries
    • able to do research on a topic using an index
    In addition I would love to see player created Sheet Music:
    • can find music in the library system
    • sheet music creation tool to allow people to compose music to the point of creating notes for each instrument playing at the same time so that we can compose single instrument tunes all the way up to multi-instrument symphonies.

choma juzi and cs2501x like this.
  17. Boraxx

Boraxx Avatar

A herding skill

jondavis and cs2501x like this.
  18. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

***RARE INSTANCES AND QUESTS***

I would love for there to be rare encounters that aren't apart of the normal story/quest-line.

For example, say you are wandering through the overland map and you see a some kind of commotion and lighting flashes going on around one of the hexes near by. If you go and investigate that hex it could spawn a random scenario like an inter-dimensional portal opened in this area and there are a few people fighting for their lives to escape. After you save them they tell you how they escaped from a sorcerer from another realm that has acquired a special moonstone that has enabled him to open portals to New Britannia. They said some of their other friends were abducted and taken away by this sorcerer and a horde of undead on the other side of the portal. They ask for help so you can go through the portal that is still open and try to liberate these people.

Upon entering you find some burned remains of some people who didn't escape, and a trail leading to a keep with a tall central tower. Then you discover that all the captured people from New Britannia have been transformed into some kind of undead creatures. Then you find a person who is still barely alive that tells you the sorcerer is creating an army of undead to invade New Britannia. So you have to find a way to defeat the sorcerer or at least steal the stone to stop his evil plans then open a portal and return. Then you can get a cool title for finishing this rare quest, and maybe find a rare item (like a stone that opens portals to places in New Britannia). EDIT: Like the black stone from Ultima 6.

Quests like these that aren't directly related to the main storyline, but are also occur very rarely. If player created content could be used for these scenarios, then we could have a good number of these quests. That way the devs can decide how these random occurrences can be triggered. For example say if we get a total of 50 player created quests that are approved or doctored up by the devs, then they can be spaced out over a period of 100 days. That way one random person or group of people can come across one of these special quests every other day. That would be very rare indeed but still really really cool for people who just happen to find one.

cs2501x, Ned888 and Miracle Dragon like this.
  19. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Suggesting new stretch goals is a good idea, however, any new stretch goals need to be put AFTER the existing stretch goals which were met after the KS but, as of yet, are not going in the initial release.

So sure, look at new stretch goals, but only after you do the $2.25M mod tools and the $2.5M VR. I've heard the reasons why they're not committing to them for release, so I'm well aware of that. But, IF you're going to add new ones, then these two need to be at the top of the list and done before anything else.

cs2501x likes this.
  20. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'll play a long, although I think this is more of an episode 2+ feature request ;)

A combat pet breeding system. Much like Dragon Quest Monsters... first you tame, then you breed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.