Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Corpse explosion not exploding

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alatar

Alatar Avatar

IN the Graff Mine Entrance zone, Kobold Skirmishers and Archers were not exploding. Mages and Warriors did work correctly.

2. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

In Elysium, the Kobold Fighters in the first room sometimes did not explode even when freshly killed. Also happened in Twins Foothills where the new swashbucklers are. I wonder if the problem is related to a nearby corpse that has already been exploded once? Or the new CE counter doesnt always reset for new corpses?

3. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Definitely not, I've had the first corpse after zoning in not explode followed by the 2nd through 6th not working.
    nor does it see that its decrementing on mobs while they are still alive.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have this happening off and on in sieges.

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I also experienced this issue in Twins FH's(Thugs/Swashbucklers), Crag FH's(Elven Archers/Magi), The Rise(Magi),various fauna, etc. I'm not sure if, as some have mentioned, the terrain is the issue. I was casting Corpse Exposion on mages on a stair case in the rise(which worked fine in r40), and most of them didn't explode, but there were a few that did. It just seems as if some corpses explode and others do not(which happens more often). The ones I was able to get to explode did implement the 3 Explo Rule fine though. Maybe there is something wrong with the counter(3 explo rule) getting initialized, or something is causing it to increment before Corpse Explo is even used?

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

It seems to be terrain/elevation related. I've tested this extensively over the last few days. I've found spots in scenes where it Corpse Explosion works 100% of the time 3 times as intended (most of those locations are flat land) and I've found locations where it fails 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, where I usually play the terrain is not flat at all, so I experience about 75% corpse explosion failure on all corpses unless I kite them to the designated areas I've found for 100% success rate.

So if I had to make a suggestion, I would recommend looking to see what happens to the hit boxes of the corpses for the spell if the any portion of the NPC falls on or partially in uneven terrain.

If it's not that, maybe take a look at where the player character is compared to the corpse. It's seems if i'm standing higher than the corpse on terrain, I fail a lot more. But if i'm standing at the same level and sometimes lower, it will pop.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  7. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

I had this issue trying to explode monkeys in the combat training room in K'rul

Terrain is flat. I am cognizant of the 3 CE limit on a dead body, however on occasion I am also getting what the above posters are referring too.

8. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Also: thugs and elder wolves in Twins foothills. Do explode most of the time, but not always. could be terrain related like stated above, but not sure.
    Kobolds in Elysium mine too, pretty sure not terrain related.

9. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for reporting. We believe we've identified the cause of the issue that would prevent Corpse Explosion from firing as expected. We believe we've narrowed it down to an issue where camera/cursor placement could block the target corpse from being recognized and firing as expected. We'll look into fixes ASAP.

StarLord likes this.
  10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

That's fantastic news! So glad to hear that this is making progress!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.