Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected]fire arrow damage calculated from wrong point

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by liz_the_wiz, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Logically your fire arrow you need to be "in distance" on fire, once it hit, and has landed on your target any additional burning should be calculated from the mobs position not yours.. cos well, if it chose to run off, its still burning

See:

Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 124 points of critical damage from Crossbow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 50 points of damage from Ice Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 38 points of damage from Crossbow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and is out of reach, dealing no damage from Ice Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and is out of reach, dealing no damage from Fire Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and is out of reach, dealing no damage from Fire Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and is out of reach, dealing no damage from Crossbow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and is out of reach, dealing no damage from Crossbow.
    Lana tried to attack Large Timber Wolf but Large Timber Wolf dodges.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 8 points of critical damage from Fire Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 7 points of critical damage from Fire Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 42 points of damage from Crossbow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 6 points of damage from Fire Arrow.
    Lana attacks Large Timber Wolf and hits, dealing 32 points of critical damage from Crossbow.
    Large Timber Wolf has been slain by Lana's Crossbow!

In this you see the wolf ran away, but the fire arrow said out of reach.. but I wasnt doing any more firing of fire arrow, that was the burning .. it still showed as in distance to hit with a cross bow, hence I did fire at it, but...

[​IMG]

Matt Harris likes this.
  2. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I do find it silly that continuing damage ceases to work when you or the mob cease to be in an area where you can hit the mob or it can't hit/get to you.

3. Val Ravar

Val Ravar Avatar

This "feature" has been introduced to make cheesing/grief tactics to not work (because the AI is too simple to handle it(cant call help, roll to put out the fire, doesent take cover etc)). This was the go to tactic of fire mages in the past, Ring of Fire and run away = no harm + profit. This is also why we cant hit things that are "unreachable" but mob can hit us!

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Val Ravar that unreachable bit is doing my head in atm..

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for reporting. We believe this is expected behavior for reasons indicated above. Exploiters abused the freedom of DOTs to remove all challenge from fights.

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Ok so let me get this straight.

Mages use ranged magic... so they don't get hit. that's the point of ranged magic no?

Mage uses said magic and hits target.

Target runs away and is still on fire taking no damage once out of range Because said mages ranged magics are abusive???? REALLY?

I guess my question would be why is it running away in the first place?

Well...... To get away from the grief tactics/ abusive ranged magic users apparently.

Back to main question why is it running away?
    Especially after you just attacked and hurt it?
    Why not make it attack and CAUSE Damage to said mage? And GET in to a fight?

Make it run away and not take any damage... that makes sense.... ?? C'mon guys really?

Can't we get realistic here? Nerfing it instead of making it more challenging is what's causing lack of enthusiasm around here.

Laz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.