Loggging in Brittany Alleys takes for ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by obsidianherz, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsidianherz

obsidianherz Avatar

Logging in when in Brittany Alleays takes fore ever an a bit more.

Loading new Areas takes for ever and a bit more. Please fix.

Time Lord and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Im pretty sure this is just coz we in pre access alpha ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

When I see posts like this I usually speak up to help people.

Brit Alleys for me is probably the worst zone for me also. So I created this video showing my average load times to Brit Alley and others. It usually only takes me 20ish seconds to load any big zone and the alleys doubled that. Its probably due to all of the massive deco's so tightly packed in the zone.

The solution I would suggest to speed it up:

1) SSD (preferably M.2)
    2) Video card
    3) Ram upgrade from 8 - 16.

you can see my PC specs in my signature:

(watch OWLS actually load as I run through it)

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Time Lord, Thwip and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've got a great rig and Alleys gives 10 to 15 FPS. When it gets to sixty, we can assume the game is optimized.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Many areas are such away off. Once the optimizations are complete, it should be entirely possible to get almost instant load times if you are using SSD/high end GPU. I just try to avoid slow areas. I notice the problem is worse during the first week or so of a release, especially if there was a Unity update. It seems, unforseen issues with lighting and LoD updates can spiral your systems resources into a tail spin. These issues get a quiet hotfix around the second week and often don't show up in the patch notes. (this is my speculation, not confirmed)

Just remember, if you are using a system with at least the minimum specs, its not your system, its the state of the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. eli

eli Avatar

Funny consequence of the slow load times in Brit wharfs:

The "follow party leader?" Prompt comes up after the party leader has loaded the destination scene, but also follows a 1 min timeout... So i never load in time and cant bring my party home.

My workaround is to bind to Brit graveyard (loads fast) and then take a wagon to the wharfs.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I have found that i have long load times when i go from a POT to a town. Loading from Knights Watch to Kingsport takes forever but from Knights Watch to Hidden Vale takes no time at all. I think it has to do with player owned lots. Alot of stuff, houses, deco , vendors and things tend to suck up alot when generating the scene so it slows down the zone time. I have noticed this alot in mainly POTs and towns that have high end residential space. Everyone's STUFF lags out the zone time

Time Lord likes this.
  8. obsidianherz

obsidianherz Avatar

Hmm,

I'm not talking about seconds, I'm talking about minutes to load a new scene.
    I have 16 GB ram, Radeon HD 7770 and AMD Quad-Core 3,6 GHz , which should be enough for this game.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

I agree about loading times, just in general everywhere ... they seem worse for me in R41 but that could just be my perception.

I do have a question about this though, since I'm not familiar with the process involved:

Is it possible that there will be further optimization prior to official launch that will improve loading times? Just wondering if it's not efficient to do it right now with all the changes that are constantly being made to the game in the last stages of development.

That's my hope anyway, that zone loading times will eventually be reduced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.