Is this behavior considered Exploiting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobotBeginner, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...uh, what? i'm not saying it's a reasonable thing for most of use to do in a mine, just describing the (lack of) reset behavior.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wasn't contradicting you, just adding to it. :)

3. Paggy Holisy

Paggy Holisy Avatar

I bought two pizzas.
    So I can eat more.
    What's the problem?:(

iamypboy and TeddyMIT like this.
  4. iamypboy

iamypboy Avatar

On this issue, the game manager should explain clearly
    Do not respond to this problem does not seem to work well?

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Re entering/exiting scenes -
    In some cases, it was better to leave a scene for 5 minutes and go make a drink / do something else and come back for a fresh spawn rather than standing around in the dungeon, fighting the monsters which had no problem respawning, waiting for the ore that respawns at a much slower rate.

When the instance reset timer was upped to 15 minutes this option was lost which is why we are seeing more and more of this logout/join a party/etc. behavior. Essentially bypassing the instance lockout timer.

If I'm honest, the best way I would see to fix this would be to put the timer back down to 5 minutes and/or just beef up the spawn rates. At the moment, there are hardly any zones in the game that can support more than 1 player harvesting - mines in particular. The respawn is just far too slow. As mining speed is already mitigated by skill, pickaxe, use of potion, etc. I don't see a need to have players stood round waiting for nodes. And I suspect many players feel the same which is why they employ these tactics.

Fister Magee, Thwip and Mac2 like this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I rarely use the term "exploit" in the game since the devs like Chris admit the mistakes (specifically control points). But I would say the way you define "exploit" is this.

(just an example)

a) If I knew about 1 mil XP on control points, did not tell anyone (devs or players) and continue to hit it non-stop secretly... exploit.

b) If I knew about 1 mil XP on control points, told the dev's or knew the devs knew, told my friends and posted it on the forums for other to use until its fixed... not exploit.

Throw in anything else, shifting between play types, lvl 10s with furious red spiders, corpse explosion bug, uber errors in math creating tons high end massive damage issues, Earthquake tripple hitting...etc...etc... (the many other bugs in the game since persistence).

I've seen a lot of "B" in the game and I will also note that I know many people who used ever single one of these to their advantage and that says something. For example, I am an earth mage and I didnt even know earthquake was tripple hitting so I didnt use it. I only learned of the issue when it was fixed... which means people were keeping it really quite... to exploit it for themselves (which makes you wonder how long it took the devs to fix it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.