Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]Rapid Fire and thumb Twiddling

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Graynight, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

1. Title: Rapid Fire disallows use of any skills for around 5 seconds after use
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? .... I think so
    4. Details: If I use my rapid fire ability, I have around 5 seconds where I don't do anything. All my skills are on cooldown, I don't even auto-attack.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Get in a fight, use Rapid Fire
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Loaffer

Loaffer Avatar

Only if it is locked,

3. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

I run an unlocked deck, with the exception of two abilities. If those two abilities now cause a delay on unlocked abilities, I would definitely call that a bug

[​IMG]

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm a self-proclaimed Rapid Fire Queen and I'm sorry to say I'm not seeing this. I have two locked skills in my combat bar as well. I have all 5 Rapid Fires unlocked and all 5 RF glyph added to the deck. I'm not seeing any delays.
    You don't have any slugs and everything in the right hand column is valid (nothing grey or red?)
    Try it with auto attack on, any differences? Very odd...

5. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

No slugs, everything is valid. The build was nothing but ranged abilities (and the two locked). Everything was valid at the time.
    Carrying 3500 arrows, Auto-attack on. I will try again this weekend after I download the new patch.

6. Lexie

Sounds good. Also check for anything else that may have changed, for example if you changed your armor type (light to heavy) that would make a difference. Check that you are in the right stance, etc. I'm not sure what could be causing this, I'm just not seeing it nor have I seen any other reports of it.

7. BishopFaulken

BishopFaulken Avatar

I have a similar issue. When I cast Fireflies (locked), it triggers a longer than normal global cooldown (4-5sec) on all my unlocked skills and even auto-attack stops during the coolodwn

8. Lexie

I do have a separate bug report on that for fireflies already: 46524, but I do believe that is unrelated. @BishopFaulken

9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Certainly NOT a blocker, but I have seen this too. I have been using rapid fire with a fully locked deck these days to test out the new heat system. The thing that's odd is it seems like if you lead your attack with rapid fire, you get a long delay (3 or so seconds) before you can do ANYthing, but if you use rapid fire after a different skill, it can be the normal 1 second global cooldown we expect. I don't understand why this would be the case.

10. Lexie

@Nikko
    I see. I think perhaps it being a fully locked deck is coming into play here. Perhaps a combination of things. From today's patch notes:
    • Cooldown time for Locked Decks will no longer be calculated on post-cast heat levels, which made them overly long.
    Are you patched now to 614 and noticing an improvement in behavior?

Nikko likes this.
  11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I will have to check what patch I am on when I get home from work. Thanks for the info!

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.