The chat room closed!

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Isaiah, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I have an "internal ignore" lol... once someone reaches a certain point of internal annoyance, I tend to just lightly skim to see if they have any new/interesting points - which is usually no, and I just move on to the next post. ;)

derek6665 (Baldrith) and BillRoy like this.
  2. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Seir, this to my knowledge, is an incorrect statement. You have absolutely no record of a warning on your account. Please do not post false allegations, as that's how drama gets started.

Now that, you can consider a warning. :cool:

3. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I'll be happy to post the conversation if you like.

4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I totally agree with you, because even those who you disagree with or may not care for sometimes still have something interesting or important to say. And I'll give credit to a good or thoughtful idea no matter what the source, just as I won't mindlessly agree or take sides with a friend just because they are a friend.

*unless it's a unrelenting personal attack I wouldn't "/ignore" someone on the forums...in-game maybe, but not on the forums.

ps. NirAntae, Frank can't hear you anymore.;)

Sir Frank and Joviex like this.
  5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Has anybody ever heard the expression "He's got a bad case of can't keep his mouth shut"?

Lord Albert, smack, BillRoy and 3 others like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I don't think I was ever angry. More disappointed at the decision and frustrated that it was apparently changed without a statement 1) saying that it was changed, and they messed up, and 2) why they made the decision the way they did.

Accepting changes is based on what changed. Design decisions? Yea, those change. Lots of moving parts, lots of pieces to connect. Decisions based on perks? That's where things get bad in my book.

Whatever their intent, it appeared that they were sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Don't mention it, and it'll die down. Maybe they were busy, but after the the pm I sent on Monday the FAQ was was quietly changed. we didn't get any kind of public notification until looped in FireLotus yesterday afternoon. Squeaky wheel gets the grease perhaps. Even then, the FAQ change wasn't clear to me, and the public response wasn't any clearer. Just that they hand't worked out the details. That's fine, I wasn't asking about windows or scheduling, I was asking about one specific part.

We didn't even get into the promise that individual, single dollar amounts would put you ahead of others in your tier. That's a whole 'nother bag of wyrms. My concern was that they could make a hard decision to throw that one out too, another thing that brought in money. But I digress.

It was never my intent to insult Portalarium or ignore their hard work. I don't think I was hostile, but text has a funny way of changing tone as it goes from fingers to the keyboard, through the wire, onto a screen and through others' eyeballs to their brain. I know for a fact I suffer from that.

Mordecai and Joviex like this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Guess there is only one way to learn.

Dame Lori and Sir Frank like this.
  8. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Take your own advice?

BillRoy likes this.
  9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

What would die down exactly? I didn't see a huge outcry and most of the community seems to be willing to deal with it. In fact the issue only affects Citizen/Baron/Duke founders and not all founders because of lot size. Plus we don't know the exact number of backers at Knight (trumping Citizen founders), or Duke (trumping Baron founders) or LOTM (trumping Baron/Duke founders) and therefore how big an issue this really is.

Please don't extrapolate your frustration onto the whole community. It's ok to have your opinions, and some others may share them, but others will not share them. If you feel you did nothing wrong there was no reason to respond to a post that wasn't specifically directed at you.

10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I think we have about 16 LotM and 9 Dukes, and the ones I've met are pretty easy going. I can't speak for the entire group, but I think most are probably not worried about this at all. I personally don't care if I go 17th or 25th. In fact, I'd almost prefer they just assign me a plot.

BillRoy, OSullivan and Dame Lori like this.
  11. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

So err out of curiosity as it is just an IRC channel, what is wrong with just banning people (permanently or temporarily) rather than closing the channel? It is a decades old feature. =P

vjek, BillRoy, Geden and 3 others like this.
  12. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

And please do the same. But this is a forum, open by P for the community of P. I don't disparage anyone having a gripe, comment, praise.

Ignoring people and telling people to behave a certain way, when it is all of our community, is not community building.

I could care less about placement queues. And if you read my posts, that echo the sentiment of LoneStranger, you will see I am more focused on the message, how it was conveyed, how it was handled after the mistake was brought to focus, and how long it took to actually do so.

That is what needs to be fixed. This is certainly not the first gaffe here communication-wise, and the handling of it, and the subsequent handling of the feedback after the fix, is not helping to foster a positive environment. Regardless of the people within.

People react to how well businesses handle adversity, so far, not the greatest here.

LoneStranger likes this.
  13. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There's that extrapolation again - who are all these people of which you speak?

I find the devs to be quite positive in their tone and comments. Quite cool in the face of some relentless picking at small issues. Cooler than I would be.

I am of the opinion that what contributes to a negative environment the most is making the same negative comments over and over again to make it seem like it's a community issue and not just the opinion of a few individuals. We've been through this with PvP, combat system and more.

NirAntae and Dame Lori like this.
  14. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

And there is yours - How do you know it is limited to a few individuals?

The answer is you don't, nor does anyone else. Until there are 25k+ people in here giving opinions no one knows the way the vast majority of the community feels.

I can only speak from my experience, but that still doesn't override any one person's opinion when they are making points.

Quelling voices, ignoring people outright, or attempting to dismiss someone (just because you don't like them) is not positive.

Again, said nothing about P's tone or comments, just their actions and ability to make clear messages.

LoneStranger likes this.
  15. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I was just teasing, friend.;)

Sir Frank likes this.
  16. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

If you quoted the whole post you would see I was talking about "making negative comments" and those can be tracked to specific individuals in the forum and in chat and counted. They are few.

You were the one who extrapolated my friend. My comment is based on something verifiable. I take it then you will take this point to heart.

Who says my motivation was to quell, ignore, dismiss? I said my opinion is that making the same comments over and over like you're doing now is what creates a negative environment.
    You don't want to admit that. Fine. It's certainly not quelling, ignoring or dismissing to state my opinion.

But this...

"Positive" is a tone.

My problem is that I find it hard to not reply to people who make false accusations, make partial quotes, and assume my motives. So I will ignore you and wish you well.

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

How about them ducks!
    [​IMG]

18. Geden

Geden Avatar

I believe ducks are in, violation.

:p

19. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Dinner!

skinned and OSullivan like this.
  20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Hey look ... not all those ducks are swimming in the same direction. Rebels!

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.