reddit...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cream2, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

haters gonna hate, and reddit is the refuge of the haters.

Caree Death likes this.
  2. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Well, someone inform Big Tabacco and Alcohol, coz we just disprove any correlation between their products and cancer!

:p

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My Mother was a teetotaler who never smoked a day in her life and you're blaming her for her breast cancer. Same for my Uncle who lead the same healthy lifestyle and died of a brain tumor.

Insensitive Victim Blaming much?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  4. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

I sympathise with your situation, I really. Seeing a family member suffer and become as shadow of the person she once was is a very sad thing, I can personally attest to that.

But you know and I know that I did not blame your family members for their condition. I blamed alcohol and tobacco. And they did none of it. Even if one would have at it, I would not wish cancer on my worse enemy. Stop projecting your anger at me.

You can call me an ******* though. That's a mantle I accept. I did some stupid stuff and hurt people in my lifetime, but I refuse to take the blame for your anger right now. You chose to walk down that path.

And since I am pretty sure that this post, and I'm not sure about the other posts, strongly breaks the forum rule, I will leave @Berek to decide what to do with this shitstorm.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

True, I actually just read a study saying 80% of cancer is 100% completely random mutation. The other largest percentage is genetics.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

SOTA Reddit forums:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Caree Death likes this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Fixed that for you.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

No wonder it's so hard to get alpha / beta access to some of these games. And the NDA agreements most require.

All that WHILE they develop a game.

I was messing with the new Quake currently in beta. Very wild game. And they recently dropped their NDA requirements. Still... Now I have a better understanding of why they were so tight!!

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think it is hilarious that they still read EVERYTHING we write in these forums.. and then fume about how they were hurt.. and never move on and find something new to do with their lives.. oh well! :)
    Life is too short to focus on such hate.

P.S. HI REDDIT PPLS! ;)

Sir_Michael likes this.
  10. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I hardly ever go into the SotA subreddit. While I feel like their original complaints are VALID, how they handle themselves is hard to swallow. The whole subreddit feels like its full of angry ex's that are driven to make sure that people that are still in a relationship with SotA come to their side and see things the same way. SotA is never going to meet the expectations of some Kickstarter backers. The reverse is also true and it exceeds for others. Everyone focused in on the phrasing that most appealed to them. Am I happy with everything in the game? No...BUT I understand why they went the direction they did with some features. @Chris is absolutely right about game development being a fluid thing with shifting goals. Watch any behind the scenes of any game ever. Compare their alpha to their completed state. The whole reason there are alphas is because things shift or only work right on paper.

I've made bad financial decisions in my life. You just have to walk away. Don't beat other people up because they're happy with their investment. Is SotA a bad investment? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm going to stand by the statements I have made in the past of the game being ok at the end of Episode 1 but drastically better with each additional episode and by the end, we may have another huge gaming titan. The bottom line is SotA has raised 1/6 the budget of vanilla WoW, and 1/22 the budget of GTA 5. If you take that into consideration, what this small team has created (even with the unity assets, crowd music, etc) is actually amazing. If you expect a game as amazing as vanilla WoW, then we better raise another 50 million. The flipside is I don't know what Richard and the team were thinking when they set a goal of 1.5 million on the Kickstarter. That just seems like wishful thinking...

Kudos to @Chris for going into the reddit multiple times and trying to talk to everyone though and continue to get feedback. I know people forget there's a lot of passion from the dev side as well, but there is equal frustration from some of the backers which means things can get out of hand quickly, but most of the devs are not PR people and I commend them for trying to keep everyone in consideration. I don't think anyone is a scam though. We have seen improvement every single release. Unlike Uncle Jimbob's snake oil, SotA is a functional game, just not the game some wanted. If the dev team didn't care what you thought, it would be in their best interest to just leave you alone on other sites and not stur up the bees.

I think I've rambled enough for now! :p

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The were recently, and in my opinion rightly, described a Psycho Ex-Girlfriends...

Elfenwahn likes this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I see Reddit as i see the Goons.
    They are there. Either live with them or walk away.
    In case of the Goons i choosed the first option.
    In case of Reddit the latter.
    This has nothing to do with SotA or the SotA hate. I avoid Reddit since it's opening. Just not my cup of tea.
    Not even the sometimes pretty sexy ama's made me go there.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  13. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

This looks like poetry. :D

14. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

This was my foray into this reddit thing I have heard about but avoided till now. I think I will continue to avoid. Peaceful and oblivious, just as I like it.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

That is a good plan. What happens is they are so negative that if someone that marginally has issues with certain parts of the game go and visit, they can psychologically be fired up in a negative way by the vast waves of negativity and can be drawn into it. Welcome to 2016/2017, the age of alt-facts and the death of legitimate scientifically derived information/news/media entities. These people demand you hate the game too, they really do.

What we need is more people out there taking about the post ivies of the game to overwhelm their tide. Im absolutely sure there are more people interested in saying positive things then negative things since it does not make sense that a lot of people who quit a game a year ago would sit around and drop 1000 negative posts over that year on Reddit <cough, social engineers>.

16. reuge

reuge Avatar

I personally feel it's a pr nightmare to represent a firm and give fuel to reddit trolls. Why fight a battle you can't win? Why bother going there to read the trash there? It only show you care about the nonsense. It give them validity. It a rash and foolish behavior that doesn't help the firm in anyway.

Autumn Willow and Deathadder like this.
  17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Let's rob a bank or two and do this!!!

I always thinks they should have done it your way round.

18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Why fight at all? Sallying forth every few months in an effort to 'fight' people's opinions is unlikely to elicit a positive response in any forum, let alone reddit.

If everyone here wants the shroud subreddit to have more positive posts then go there and make positive posts. No-one is stopping you, it's an open community.

digriz and Mykll like this.
  19. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Amen

Mykll likes this.
  20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.