Storyline in PVP Scenes Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Addison, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Should PVP scenes be removed completely from the main storyline, despite alternate PVE routes?

1. YES

45.1%
  2. NO

54.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

They allready do.
    Nobody can force you into a PvP zone.
    Pity. But that's the way the game is designed.

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I voted yes as PvP is unbalanced and while currently the risk of being attacked is low it could change faster than the story design.

I don't mind "adult" PvP but really don't like being ganked.
    If there would be a better balance, reputation system and real game world consequences for such actions I would reconsider. I only doubt such mechanisms will make it into the game in the mid future.

Xandra7, discipleofweb and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

BTW @Addison

So i am not sure this topic was needed when we have the same topic with a dev answer still trending in the top 5.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Senash Kasigal like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This, right here, is exactly why I am likely to Never PvP.
    This, right here, is exactly why the PvP community will never expand.
    This, right here, is exactly why the PvP community is perceived so poorly.
    This, right here, is your problem.

Bink, kaeshiva and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

See, i don't even have to do PvP to farm them.

fonsvitae, E n v y and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

The quest area are in solo instances, yes, but you need to get through a PvP zone to do it. You can't access it from the overworld. So you're ultimately asking people to group up just so that they can traverse the PvP zone to get to the solo area.

That's what people are complaining about.

Xandra7 and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

I think the game is a bloody mess. Player base is nice and divided, yet neither side has a functioning product. The PvP in this game is so bad, and the players playing it are SOOOO bad it would honestly make more sense to remove it from the game entirely. To be brought back at a time when the game is ready for it. But as far as the vote goes, I have to say making PvP zones part of the main story line is a huge mistake no matter who you ask. That is just my opinion.

Xandra7, discipleofweb and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah but the thing I don't get is, why? Why do you get enjoyment out of "hurting" someone to the point you, "Farm their tears?"

I choose to believe you are being facetious Atgorim, because my conversations with you in the past have never shown you to be such a callous individual. If my perception of you was incorrect, and this is the type of behavior indicative of your character, then I say good day to you sir! ;):p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats humor guys, I can't beleive I'm the only one rofling around :p

There will always be such people, like where will always be viruses in the world... its up to us to boost our community immune system, and this is the perfect example why.

Noone should doubt Earl's intentions... after all this time.

10. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

Would make things so simple if PvP was a game mode similar to friends online, single player online, etc. Let people log into a "red" server if they want pvp. Stop trying to mash us all in the same space. If I want pvp I will log into PvP. This way the whole issue is wrapped up in a neat and tidy package and we can move onto tackling the more pertinent and glaring issues the game is facing in its current state of development.

kaeshiva and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Like I said, "I choose to believe you are being facetious..."

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Thank you.

I admit this topic makes me bitter.
    Non the less my rage posts are..... Different ^^
    @Ahuaeynjgkxs got my attempt in humor right.
    It may have been misplaced but here we close the circle to being bitter about this topic ;-)

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

This is so very true especially when PvP has no other meaning.......tears are all you have left, they taste so sweet.

14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah I can understand that and I respect you immensely. :)

I know you enjoy PvP and the current situation stinks for both PvP and PvE. I think this is what makes Portalarium's job especially difficult in trying to please both parties.

Even though I dislike PvP, I do empathize for you guys that love it. It's current construct is pretty bad right now and I don't know how you really fix it.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

For a good and fun pvp environment for both, pvp and PvE players, you need three things.
    Time, money and a vision.
    I am able to accept that the first two are just not there at the moment. That's ok. Port is still an indi dev where resources have to be used in a more focused way. But the fact that the third is missing as well makes me really pissed. It's not like the PvP crowd asked for it and came up with ideas for years. And still nothing. Just the KS ideas. And we all can agree that this game evolved away from the KS in parts. That leaves us with no vision at all. That's why most PvPers are gone. That and the incredible resilient anti pvp trolls.

@E n v y summed it up pretty good. The tears is all you can gain with pvp as it is at the moment. No wonder all sides are frustrated.

Take a good look at what was done for pvp so far. A town and this terrible 10% bonus. If that's the road sota pvp will continue to go then pvp will stay dead. And rightfully so.

fonsvitae, MrBlight and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Net

Net Avatar

Oh, I should have been clearer. It is quite impossible to get your items back via PvP. You can buy them back, but even in that case you are unlikely to get your gold back. The risk-reward is quite unbalanced and there is not much consequencefor your actions.

17. Gix

Gix Avatar

That's what flagging for open PvP is supposed to do.

It's not hard. PvPer just want people to play against so most of them will see this issue as an opportunity to get more participants regardless of the other's well being.

Provide a good system that will attract people who want to PvP and you solve the problem. There are thousands of solutions available but the dev team just don't seem to budge on their stance.

Xandra7 and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

TBH I really can't speak to how hard it is, since I will probably never do it lol. :D

Though I totally agree that if you build it correctly, they will come. The current system of enticing PvE folks into PvP scenes just really irks me. I can accept that it's for what Portalarium calls "balance", but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :)

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I dont even need to write anything up, as you nailed it.

The PVP in SOTA is awful atm, to a point it shouldn't be used as an advertised part of the game.
    And i do not think its just a lack of population issue, as is the common argument.
    I understand some individuals like it, but im fully convinced that in its current state, and without a lot of mechanics/features that are no where even hinted at in play yet, the majority of people will never play SOTA for PVP over any other game.

Its a VERY long road before its even up to where it even becomes a choice among my list of games for PVP, and i don't see the steps happening for it to be at that point. Maybe next year. Coarse theres a lot of other EA games that will be coming out next year as well that seem like they are doing it better. So we will see.

20. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

you should never be forced to go into a pvp zone while doing pve things.

curt and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.