Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fizzle Modifiers

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Cebrimal, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cebrimal

Cebrimal Avatar

Something doesn't add up.

With my current gear (one sword in main hand) I have a 9% fizzle chance with one of my spells.

I equip a shield which reads '+10% fizzle chance'. When I equip it my fizzle chance goes to 19% as expected.
    (9+10=19)

I then equip a wand which reads '-15% fizzle chance'. When I equip it my fizzle chance goes to 6.5%
    9-15 = -6 or 0
    9-(0.15*9)=7.65

1.) Why would a penalty be calculated as a sum of values while a bonus is calculated as a marginal percent?
    2.) How exactly is that 15% calculated?

2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i think also that there is something wrong on fizzle chances displayed... i can suggest to add on the CHAT LOG.. the fizzle chance when a spell fizzle? something like:

Chainlighting has fizzle! (88%)

just to post some logs to strange happenings... for example i always fizzle the chainlighting one time when attacked by mobs .. FIZZLE and "INTERRUPTED" i think are 2 different things.

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I cannot defend the current confusing and ultimately not transparent implementation.
    Another thing that lowers fizzle chance is the spell's actual skill level. If, by any chance, you leveled up the spell some in the midst of your observations (IE you didn't check this all at once, which is unlikely) that will also reduce your fizzle chance.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There is a number displayed in the lower right corner of the glyph on your hot-bar that is the chance you have to cast that spell. It will not be displayed if the chance is 100%. How is that number affected by the wand?

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

yesterday i fixxled 5 times the chainlighting with a % of 84 when i'm attacked by scheletons archers..

if attacks of scheletons reduce the % .. can developers display an updated value on the glyph? PLEASE

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Your fizzle chance increases when you arm yourself. It also increases while your moving, and slowly decreases over time while standing still.

You might check to see if any of those things are the culprit.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Did you equip the wand in place of the sword or in place of the shield?

8. Cebrimal

Cebrimal Avatar

Replaced with the left-hand, Shield. However, as you asked that I just tested again using the right-hand sword slot. And the spells I looked at went from 10.2 to 7.7 and from 30 to 24.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.