Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Can't remove Summoning Whistle

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Drakkim, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakkim

Drakkim Avatar

Title: Can't remove Summoning Whistle
    Reproduction Rate: Once. Can't get past it to try to reproduce.
    Blocker?
    Details: My pet wolf was killed as I was zoning out to Novia. When I went into another scene I noticed it still had a resurrection timer, So I attempted to do so several times, with no success. Afterward, I could not change decks, remove the whistle, or equip another whistle. The first two just didn't do anything, while trying to equip another whistle gave me a message "Failed to equip."

I logged out to the menu and back in, hoping to fix the problem. On logging back in, my whistle now has my wolf back in it and I can change decks, but I still can't remove the whistle or equip another one.

Steps to Reproduce: See details.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4) System RAM: 16349
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series GPU RAM: 4072
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.629.Date.07.07.17
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-2.3, 77.4, -271.6)

2. Drakkim

Drakkim Avatar

My issue eventually resolved itself. I was able to re-summon and re-kill my Grey Wolf 2 more times by logging out to the menu and back in. Eventually, when swapped decks, my gear swapped to my other whistle and everything was normal.

A couple more details if you try to replicate:
    My Large Gray Wolf was named Steele. When he was summonable but I couldn't remove the gear, the item in my character screen was "Steele Summoning Whistle Necklace (Large Gray Wolf)" After it was killed and I couldn't remove my gear, it was "Summoning Whistle Necklace (Large Gray Wolf)" I couldn't summon the wolf at this point, and if I tried the game said I had to capture an animal first.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Do you have any idea what may have triggered this to fix itself? Let us know if you or anyone else is able to repro. Thank you, and I'm sorry for the trouble.

4. Drakkim

Drakkim Avatar

I don't know what caused the fix. There was an odd chime effect just before I noticed it fixed, but my friend in voice chat heard that too, so likely unrelated. Also, a second time with a new pet did _not_ trigger this bug. It might be that my pet hit 0 AS I was zoning the second time and it might have already been dead the first. Not sure. The sequence of events gets a little muddled when I'm running from orange names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.