P O W E R H O U R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

Not sure how well of an idea this would be. But i want to bring the suggestion to the table. I am not sure how well this would work on shroud of the avatar but here is my example.

"Power Hour"

1 Day for 1 Hour every 3 weeks. 25% Bonus XP-for both adventuring and crafting
    25% Bonus loot drops
    and free recalls and teleports

(this is just an example. Maybe some of you guys can piggy back off the idea)

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I believe it was UO that first invented "the power hour"... possibly even our own Darkstarr or Lord British first thought up that concept design.
    Yet we have had a great thing I believe within our SOTA's added 10,000 exp point reward a day program for logging on :)~Time Lord~

Lebowski, Barugon and Vodalian like this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Absolutely no to include crafting, then everyone would have to schedule their crafting to the power hour.

For adventuring it could work, but I like the flat exp reward at login more, it's less intrusive to the game world and the immersion. I also would much prefer to raise exp rewards for quests as a means to help lower lvl players.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Great at EU Timezone :p

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Don't we already get a free 10k exp every 24 hours, if we log in? Why you gotta try to make me work for it...

6. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Like the idea.

City Slicker and Time Lord like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

they did kinda do a power hour now, you get 10K free xp per day.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Before persistence, you would get an experience multiplier for a certain amount of experience based on your current level each day. I like the 10,000 you get at login now much better because it helps low level players more and is very little benefit for high level players.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Bulveigh

Bulveigh Avatar

I like this idea. But i think some people here missunderstand how the original UO Power Hour worked. It was not a fixed Time, like 1pm every day. It was your first hour of playing every day.

I like this system much more than the actual one, because it encourages actual playing. And it helps casual players.

Many casuals in UO used the power hour as daily "gym time".. You logged in, grinded for one hour, and after that you switch to RP/PvP whatever.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem with a system like this is that it would benefit the advanced players as much as the noobs and would do nothing to help level the field.

11. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Power hour should definitely be a thing. Once a player hits high adventurer levels, it starts taking millions of experience just to level one skill level.

The insanely high level requirements for GM in innates 120+ in main character skills should be attainable through time and hard work.

I personally want to specialize 90% of my experience into archery skills. I currently spend all of my time grinding experience to achieve these goals. I want to be an epic archer, and so far I have accomplished 118 Draw Strength and 115 Ranged Combat. With a period of time for accelerated skill gain, it only adds incentive to do other things after skill gain time is over.

This is not a bad thing, especially if decay is addressed to knock players down when they get too high.

I don't want 25 GM skills that are a waste of time for my play style. I want to be a legendary archer and I am willing to work for it at the cost of experiencing the rest of the game :D

12. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

No power hour please - the daily free exp is already too much!

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The problem with PowerHour in UO was it hit for the first 60 minutes of that day. I could not do anything else but grind. And If i needed to do something else (make a trade or help a friend) it was basically wasted time.

I vote no for PowerHour at the first time you log in. With the Oracle bonus this helps you miss some as you need to do the oracle bonus first then travel to grind. Or delay the oracle bonus to later and later and everntully missing that oracle bonus for 24 hours straight.

14. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Impressive! I love this. I'd like to go with you someday to Sequanna Colossus or something and see how different you are from me (very good archer, but not pushing thungs past 100 yet.) Good luck in your quest to be one of the best archers out there!

15. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Okay Nikko, my in game name is "the Lacedaemonian". Feel free to add me.

Nikko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.