Need to report bug - Guard took ALL of my gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CapNAhab11, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapNAhab11

CapNAhab11 Avatar

I need to report a bug but after looking in the bug report forum I do not see a post button. Does anyone know what to do about this? A guard accused me of theft and fined me ALL of my gold...5000 gold!!! I did not even take anything out of the container I literally just clicked it open accidentally.

If a forum moderator reads this can you please reply or at least get this to the proper person? This is the kind of thing that will make me just quit the game in disgust.

Title: Guard in Ardoris took all of my gold (5000) for just opening a container - I took nothing.

Reproduction Rate: I can not reproduce - he took all of my gold already!!

Blocker? I am not sure if this applies but yes having all of my gold taken makes me want to just quit the game permanently

Details: I opened a container in the Imports store in Ardoris - I opened it on accident. A guard appeared and said I was fined for theft and took all 5000 of my gold. That is my only gold that I acquired over several months of playing

Steps to Reproduce: Unable to reproduce I do not have any gold left

User Specs: I have a very high end PC but I think this info is irrelevant to this specific problem

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Go here to post that "bug". You'll find the "Post New Thread" button in the upper right, just under the search.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Steal 50g worth of apples and get destroyed.

Open a container and the guards like police elsewhere will think you took something.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Hey, @CapNAhab11 sorry that happened. That would be very upsetting and frustrating. I would be happy to give you some gold to help you get back in the game. My character name is Pebbles if you want to send me a friend invite.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Numa and FrostII like this.
  5. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

That.. needs to be fixed. :confused: The fines should have been lower until the system could be bug tested.

FrostII and Pebbles like this.
  6. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Agreed. I misclick all the time. And unfortunately, there is no opportunity to put things back.

Rennik, Numa and FrostII like this.
  7. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Could use a prompt or notification that if you're about to and/or your mouse is over something that'll trigger this kinda response, and a corresponding addition to settings to disable it.

8. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

Very similar to the PvP system when you're not flagged for it.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Agreed this is devastating. I think a MUCH better system would be for the guards to fine you a percentage of what you are carrying - say 10% at most. To wipe somebody out is ridiculous. And if you friend me in game, I will be happy to fix you up.
    [Edit - what is your ingame name?]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    FrostII, Numa and Montaigne like this.
  10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

what if i have 2m? there no way to put gold in bank or elsewhere, if a npc can steal all its pretty stupid.

Nemesis2 likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

why do i keep seeing people claiming this? of course you can stash your gold. you can mail it to yourself. before that, you could sell yourself something.

12. DavidDC

that doesnt seem like a proper way to do so. Putting it in bank would be more appropriate, or in a chest home.

13. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

You should be in jail for open a container, you Monster! Nah this is just Gold Decay, its good for the long term.

14. Alley Oop

if you have ways to stash your gold and you choose not to use them because they're "improper", you don't get to complain about not having ways to stash your gold.

15. DavidDC

If you think they made the mailbox for sendin gold to yourself to hide it from the guard ... Or made vendor so you can sell urself ur own stuff to hide your gold..
    You know you need a house to have those available to you? So all noobs are doomed to loose all their gold to guard cause will never think about the guard stealing all of their gold for sure.

Sorry man i wont start a war with you cause of stupid trick to hide your gold

Its improper and thats it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    FrostII and Lars von Drachental like this.
  16. Alley Oop

there's a public mailbox in every bank.

17. Markee Dragon

Markee Dragon Avatar

Very good suggestion here. Make the fine 1x while it is being tested. That way you avoid going broke. :) We tested this on the show the other day. Lost 1500 gold to the guards testing it. But it seemed to all work correctly. I also did this intentionally. :)

FrostII and Numa like this.
  18. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

"Guards will now impose fines of 100 gold plus 100 times the value of the objects being stolen."
    Wow, really?!? That's hardly a punishment commensurate to the crime! I realize that the penalty needs to be stiff enough to discourage future theft, but... 100 times the value? Until such time as you decide to lock containers and we have to use a "lockpick" skill (that way stealing is definitely intentional), having a pop-up that says, "Warning: opening this container could be interpreted as stealing by the guards, resulting in hefty fines! Continue?" might be nice.

FrostII, Tetsu Nevara and Pebbles like this.
  19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

This is just another example of how far gone they are with the taking money from players.I do not think they have any real connection with how the players feel. Here's the point players can't have all thier gold taken away at every turn.
    They need to understand that we are real people who have spent our real hard earned cash on this game. We can not work hard, pay for this game, come home from work to play and feel poor after spending hours of our free time playing this game.

monkeysmack likes this.
  20. eli

eli Avatar

Typical of their mentality. Instead of heuristically picking a reasonable value, why not pick an absurd number then multiply or divide it by 2 in case our notion of absurdity is off?

The goal is obviously to move unilaterally toward reasonable instead of risking another checkpoint situation... The problem is they do this almost everywhere and seemingly forget about the improvement part and just leave us with an absurdly punishing game with fewer and fewer moments of satisfaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.