My Experience as a Returning Player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demoyn, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

That doesn't even account for most players. You're showing data for which you have NO IDEA why the numbers fell. You're guessing.

2. neveser

neveser Avatar

Do you have proof of this?

I know some don't use steam but I'm betting a great deal if not the majority do. It'd be absurd not to. What the SotA launcher does in 6 hours Steam can to in 15 minutes. I have no idea why one would prefer to not use a faster delivery platform.

Snikorts and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Easier to RMT the entire account when it is not locked to a Steam account.

4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

No one can produce evidence to prove it. The team won't even release numbers of active players. Pretty easy data to expose....

5. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

In one Stream somebody asked how many players in avarage where logged in the day befor. Chris told it was around 500. Steam Charts had on this day a peak of 260 logins and avarage login of 150 players. Based on what information he used we have half or a third of the player base on steam

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Is that people logged in, or accounts that logged in? People have multiple accounts. For me for instance, 2 accounts. I use the Steam client. So I can log in using Steam login for first account, and can log in, using the Steam client, using SOTA credentials that are not attached to a Steam account. So how am I counted? 2 "players" on Steam, or one on Steam and one without?

7. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

If i log in via steam it counts on this side, if i open n 2nd game i cant login via steam again so it counts on the non steam side. So you could say every steam user with multiple accounts, count on both sides.

Mykll and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  8. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

No, I don't. And that's my point, neither do YOU.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If one thing i've learned in my life than that everybody lives in his own (absurd?) bubble of reality.

Some dislike Death Decay, absurd :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm adventurer level 84. At full decay accumulation I'll loose about 30k.

11. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Adventure level doesnt matter much, you can be level 100 and dont lose much if you spread your skills instead of level one skill into a higher level. You may lose 30k, i guess you dont have any skill beyond 100. Another has same adv level but 2 skills on 120+ and will lose 80k or more

Snikorts and Demoyn like this.
  12. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

The biggest problem with the current decay system are players who constantly look at the numbers. It's like someone who is trying to lose weight, the person who gets on the scale everyday will get frustrated. I look at my xp pools once a week and whether I play 5 hours a week or 30 hours a week, I have always ended up with an xp gain. Some weeks my xp pool is up 2k others I am up 20k.

The decay system really is not a big deal. I am more concerned about load times.

Elnoth likes this.
  13. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

This just summed up why we have an obesity epidemic in the USA and why decay is still in this game. People need to watch these stats more or they will get fat and sick, and loose massive amounts of experience over time. If you don't see the problem it's ok right..... I mean you didn't really notice your pants are 4 sizes bigger and you can never seem to get a higher level in the stats you are training.....

The OP is correct in the sense that loosing exp sucks especially to a bug. It doesn't really matter if he lost 5 exp or 500 million exp. Let just make the death tax optional for those few players that actually want it that way. You have a nice little slider box that you can move to adjust the death tax to whatever level you want. I and the majority of the players will happily select story mode with no death tax and all you hard core players can select 1 life to live mode where death takes all your exp away and starts you with a new character.

Solazur and Demoyn like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unless @Chris implemented scaled decay like he was talking about (but I don't think he ever did implement it) then this is simply not true. All of my experience has gone into skills, the same amount as any other player at my level, and decay is based on the amount of experience in your skills.

15. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Yes but the decay on level 80 is 0,5 times the amount you invested in and 120+ its 4 times the decay. Scaled decay is as i know in the game, he also pumped the numbers on 120+ cause i remember it was 2 times the decay befor

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No, that's what @Chris was considering and didn't follow through on it.

17. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

"He said 10 things and one of them was coincidentally accurate so none of them are wrong! @@!!!!!@!!@#$!!!" That's the kind of logic that led to your first post.

18. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

The thing that led me to quit playing 11 months ago didn't actually have much to do with SotA at all. My guild took a trip to Austin to visit Portallarium and, while there, many of us realized that we had played another game before but quit because we were all playing solo. We decided to go back together and enjoy it, then come back to SotA when it had more content (I guess if it WAS because of SotA it would be because we were tired of killing the same slimes and wolves over and over). You don't go visit a game's home office and then quit the next day because you hate the game.

I will admit that when we had a Q&A with Starr I thought about quitting after he responded to my concern about them adding more and more abilities without adding any more hotbar space with "get better at deck building". As I was already one of the best deck builders in the game it was a slap in the face. A few months later we got another bar, though. I guess that was just a coincidence.

Snikorts, Spoon and Stundorn like this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Has anyone mentioned that the Devs have been talking about giving players the choice between hard and soft caps now, or some better solution of one of us dreams it up?

Demoyn likes this.
  20. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

Nobody has mentioned that. Hard caps would seem like an easy choice. They really seem to want this to be a PvP game (I do too, for that matter), but without hard caps individual skill is muted for PvP. If you want PvP that requires more time and luck than skill you can always go play World of Tanks.

Snikorts and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.