Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Highvale Outskirts Quest Journal Not Updating

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Brenna McFerson, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

1. Title: Highvale Outskirts Quest Journal Not Updating
    2. Reproduction Rate: Random
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: I've completed the quest from the Lieutenant Simone, Captain Burnes, then went to Esmeralda to investigate the blue lights. I did that and my journal updated that I found the odd-looking looking glass and I needed to find someone to tell me about. I went back to Esmeralda and I clicked on all her keywords she wanted me to go to an abandoned building and kill a frostgeist. But my journal is not updating and when I go to the build (at night) no frostgeist appears. I'm not sure now what I'm supposed to do, and I can't advance my quest. From what I'm hearing from my guildmates is an issue with some of them as well. They can't remember what they did to advance the quest.
    [Update] I did go to the abandoned building, the frostgeist did appear and I killed it, but, did not get a quest item. I've tried this during the day and at night but not quest item or update..

5.Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Esmeralda get her to show the keywords, type the keywords no journal update.

Posting here per Bereks suggestion also posted in the bug tracker same title.

2. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

Update to this post. I was able to complete the banner quest but only after talking to some of my guild mates. What I had to do was find all Echo's, (I was told how many there were since there was no information about them at this point) when I returned to Esmeralda I had to figure out what keywords to use. Once that was done I could proceed with the quest.

My guildmate kept saying just click the keywords displaying at the bottom of the comment box. I don't see those at all, the only keywords I see for any quests are within the dialog its self.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Brenna McFerson
    So you didn't see a tiny little arrow to click that would have given you more keyword options? That should be down there if they were none displayed by default (which would be a separate issue)
    I'm sorry for the issues and thank you for updating the thread with what you had discovered.

4. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

Hi @Lexie yes, I saw the arrow and clicked but nothing changed. I've tried several times on other quests with the same result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.