Controls Feature Request: Two button mouse movement

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Andrew Vawter, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

Hello, Doesn't seem like an area for interface/control changes exists. Given that controls affect combat I thought this maybe the place to post.

As my hand is nearly always engaged to the Right Mouse Button to do camera looking it would be convenient if "Move Forward" was activated by pressing both right and left mouse buttons.

I'm not sure where I got used to this feature but I keep trying to move by holding both mouse buttons and it's not happening. Anyway, maybe I'm the only one out there who wants this and if so I'll just write an auto hot key macro to do it. But if other want it it might be nice to implement.

BillRoy, waltemus, Lestat and 2 others like this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I completely agree with this. I know that it would help out immensely to those who may have disabilities or may be handicapped. I think the easier it is for someone to control their Avatar, the better. The way it is, we are alienating anyone who cannot simultaneously use both hands proficiently.

BillRoy likes this.
  3. Jako

Jako Avatar

agree with the movement issues. seems kind of clumsy right now (but the world looks fantastic!). would like to request being able to use the mouse for character movement (like UO did). right-click where you want to go.

also the mouse-wheel zoom seems kind of limited. can we get some more height on the zoom for more of a birds-eye-view perspective?

and also camera lock so that the angle of the camera changes with where the character is facing? (and option to lock/unlock this?)

thanks SotA team, great job so far!

BillRoy likes this.
  4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Would definitely use this. Especially since right now I am struggling to use wasd as I always use the arrows. Hope we can config controls before combat release. :)

BillRoy likes this.
  5. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

The current system almost requires a third hand if you are moving in combat. It takes two hands to move now -- one on the WASD keys to move the character, and one on the right mouse button to change the camera angle. How are you supposed to be able to perform special attacks and spells in combat?

BillRoy and Atlaua (MGT470) like this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Hense, all the threads complaining about combat. We knew one hand would always be on WASD and one would always be on the mouse targeting/turning/camera. You don't have an extra hand to hit the '8' key and can't have the mouse in two places at once.

7. Turguin

Turguin Avatar

Yes please. It was something I immediately tried, it's almost instinct. LMB+RMB=Walk/run.

BillRoy likes this.
  8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I made this exact suggestions in the R1 forum and in chat. Apparently to some chat users no game does this:p

I can say I want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.