Flying dragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobii, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobii

mobii Avatar

I been trying NOT looking for SOTA new because it only make me angry.
    But I cant get this flying dragon out of my head!
    If you seen that dragon flying around 100 time just for show, it has no other purpose!
    Does that flying dragon add some professional into the game?
    What age going be happy for that flying dragon?
    Does this flying dragon make this a better RPG?

Richard Garriott say everything shall be usable but so far I only seen a piano that display notes when you play on it, ja it display notes!!!

2. LlamaDragon -=(udic)=-

LlamaDragon -=(udic)=- Avatar

Everything shown so far is a prototype. It's unlikely that the dragon will be continuously flying overhead through the entire game, and the piano is just a demonstration of one usable object.

3. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

mobii, could you possibly not create so many topics trolling on your obvious bias of the yet to be developed game? If you absoutly need to, create a single topic with ALL of your current views and keep the discussion there.

4. mobii

mobii Avatar

Are I only allowed to say how good it is or I not allowed to say the contents is bad?

Ultima 4 and 5 is my best memory from my childhood and if the Richard Garriott the man himself decide to make a new game honor that achievement I have some expectation and your word say I have not the right even say whats bad!

I been following Richard Garriott from 1984 and I refuse see that Ultima 4 to 7 Black isle and UO is the only title we going remember him from.

5. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

No I think my only real issue is that you've got too many open topics with seemingly negative views so very early into the process. I do feel as if you are not giving the game devs time to put into words or on paper what they think, let alone actually start working on this game. It is still in kickstart phase, they haven't really gotten into it yet, don't have an art team, let us wait and see.

Quite simply, I think that we should all take a big breath, give these guys our ideas and support while they get through the initial phases of the project.

6. mobii

mobii Avatar

I dident complain over the dragon graphics, and I know its more easy say I complain to much, very mature

7. marthos

marthos Avatar

The dragon will be interactable. You will be able to tickle that dragon in patch 1.0.4a, because that's pretty much the only logical thing you can do to a dragon.

8. shadowfyre

shadowfyre Avatar

Lord British said that a flying dragon circling a volcano marked a point of interest, i presume a dungeon.

9. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I like the flying dragon in the overhead view. Anything that isn;t part of the underlying static map I believe will be a Point of Interest which leads to a town, dungeon, Lunar Rift, gypsy camp, fight the huge dragon laying waste to the countryside, etc etc etc.

The only thing that bothers me so far with the videos we've seen is the frquency of the birds flying around and chirping. WHile a few here and there will be great, the frequency in the videos was a bit high and would become a grating experience after a while.

Still though, the dragon is cool.

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

the only reason i don't like the flying dragon is because it looks like cartoon dragon in 'how to train your dragon' it has the same cartoony head as the main dragon in that movie, 'night fury', and i've never even seen that movie, but i recognized it's cartoonyness which i don't enjoy, i enjoy gritty realism, even in videogames yes, the cartoon-look has never existed in previous ultimas, the cartoon look is what warcraft is all about, and i can't stand it dawg

11. Enceladus

Enceladus Avatar

Can we catch and train that dragon so that we can ride it around the world?

12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

a dragon race would be cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.