Steamspy shows people buying/refunding shroud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Worth noting that people can also buy the game from G2A at a very affordable price. I was streaming yesterday and a guy was asking me about the game, I sent him to G2A and he bought it straight away.

https://www.g2a.com/?search=shroud of the avatar

More people in game the better!

Nelzie and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
  2. Pickley

Pickley Avatar

35% per DarkStarr

Bulveigh, Jens_T and Mykll like this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Steam pop was around 33% percent of total as Portalarium mentioned. Steam shows around 2500 people actively playing in the last 2 weeks, but around 50k users that have the game.
    Port said they need roughly 50k playing... From steamcharts you can see the game lost about 2/3 of their players on steam since persistence it went steady downwards.

So from all that we could conclude there are around 7500 people actively playing shroud with average of roughly 400 online daily. http://steamcharts.com/app/326160#1m
    It's not dead, but we are still far away from the population they mentioned they need for it to make money.
    If they manage to get the people who own it already playing (again) they are settled :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    fonsvitae likes this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What does it mean they need 50.000 people playing? 50.000 people who regularly pay or buy something in the shop or contribute to the telethons? Or just people that pay once and play forever for free afterwards?

Mykll likes this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think what they mean is 50k playing people... meaning the 7500 are way to low. Playing pop pays deco, crowns and such. So basically the current population number times 6 or 7.

They potentially sold enough copies to reach that goal. Question is will they all be playing and how many new copies can they sell.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Where did that huge influx of people at persistence go? Do the statistics show average play time? I log my alt into the game once a day for the oracle. There are a lot of alts out there (you can tell by looking at housing), are those numbers captured?

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The average players online on steamcharts just state a number how many are online on average any given time. You can find the info on average playtime on the steamspy charts.
    From personal experience a lot of people just got bored after 1 month and there wasn't any new people joining so it slowly died down.

Mykll likes this.
  8. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

I asked the Oracle, how many Outlanders there were. I was not told a number.
    But I was informed that my true origins were known and I am the one the prophecy is about.
    So really the rest of you are just hanging around, while I have a destiny. To Virtuosity and Beyond!

Elwyn, fonsvitae, Sir_Hemlock and 3 others like this.
  9. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Minus the People who login with 10 accounts to get the daily bonus :D

Mykll and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was thinking about it even more. Me like many other people have our alts up when we are playing the game, doing things like the bulk time consuming crafting things. So my alt was in game for a good 4 hours that day.

Like me:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200145522

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  11. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

These numbers are interesting to look at, but until the full launch, heavy advertising, etc., etc. the number of people who are playing now and will be playing after the game goes live and how long those people persist in month to month playing is going to change.

I just really hope that the game can maintain a comfortable level of players with enough content and interesting items/perks to grow in profits.

12. Last_Crusader

Last_Crusader Avatar

I'd be interested to see how many backers will come back to play the game on release and stay. That will be the true test of the success of this game.

I'll admit, I've uninstalled and given up (for now) .. just waiting for release. I simply don't have the time for an MMO of this nature like I used to. And frankly, I wasn't signing up for a full-fledged MMO when I backed.

Mykll, Pickley and Addison like this.
  13. Addison

Addison Avatar

I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I'm certainly getting close at this point. If I were able to get a full refund I would definitely go that route. Like you Crusader I wasn't signing up for a full fledged MMO either when I backed. :(

Mykll, Sir_Hemlock and Pickley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.