Where is my feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Better change your signature then, too.

2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

None of this applies to the opening of Stundorns thread or any comment I saw made by him. If anyone else was breaking the rules their posts should have been deleted not the thread and there should always be a reason inclided in a deletion because that is the way a professional should act.

Spoon, Stundorn, LoneWerewolf and 2 others like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The people bashing that thread bashing this thread, who'da thunk it

Xandra7, 3devious, Budner and 5 others like this.
  4. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

If they keep on doing this they can live happily ever after in their 100 people community on New Britannia.... well..till the servers get shut down.

5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Let's try to remember that the moderators aren't robots. It's pretty easy to see who is only posting these days to flamebait, disparage or personally attack others. If you're one of them then you really aren't fooling anybody.

In fact I've always been against the reason for deletion system, because these same flamebaiting trolls were abusing it by flamebaiting people and reporting their responses, resulting in the victim sometimes getting staff responses that further frustrated them.

6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yeah this is a problem from both trolls and whiteknights alike (kinda sounds like a fun game) this however has NOTHING to do with stundorns very valid and valuable feedback. so please stop trying to paint him as either.

3devious, Xandra7, Mototopo and 4 others like this.
  7. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Please read more then the first line of my posts. I was listing what I read from the code of conduct that would likely cause a deletion. I specifically said "my guess" I read Stundorn's posts all the time and while I may not always agree on his positions there are many I do agree with. He does however repeat almost the same topics frequently. I'm not entirely sure what you think is unprofessional. The company is following it's stated rules which they can dictate however they like.

Gerugon likes this.
  8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

It probably got deleted because sempiternal dragon trolled and derailed the thread.

And instead of simply removing the posts amd giving a warning, the devs just deleted it. Its what always happens when a white knight doesnt like a critical thread.

Sir Cabirus, 3devious, Spoon and 4 others like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I dont know what you found odd about my post? stundorn broke no rules so deleting an entire thread without explanation is very unprofessional

3devious, Sir Cabirus and Mykll like this.
  10. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

They can delete anything without a reason given. It's their property. This is the same as any retailer can refuse service for any reason and don't have to disclose the reason. There is no professionalism involved in this.

Mac2 likes this.
  11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

In response to the lost thread, i dont really see as much a problem with level power gaps as i do with skill imbalance.

3devious and Hornpipe like this.
  12. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

w.e :D im tired of you

LoneWerewolf and Tetsu Nevara like this.
  13. Mototopo

Mototopo Avatar

I disagree, professionalism, ethics and code of conduct in the exercise of a service open to the public, even if private property, should be maintained.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

One cause is that i allways dont know if i express myself good enough and try allways and everywhere in others topics what fit my concerns to unterline my concerns.
    Others did this with other topics too.
    Think of decay or pvp in general. All these things need to be adressed, and imho ASAP.

Before they give us a release Date, they really should officialy do some concrete statements about these things so many people have concerns with.

I am not interested in a release Date if things stay as they are.

We all know The bad press, reputation and what not. May not all of my points are that important, for example nobody is to blame i am german, play in german timezone, had problems to find germanspeaking roleplayers.
    That was to relativize my concerns and i think most people get it.

The game is not bad at all, but some significant things should really change soon.

All people i speaked to dont want to skill everything. And it's not a matter of how do i approach to the game.
    Sure everybody can do what he want, but i ends up with beeing not able to partake in the full content.

I am totally happy if i cannot beat waterelementals as a watermage, i should be able to control and calm them.
    I am totally ok when i cannot kill a Troll and this need a weapon and fire.

But then the game need equal things for anything else.
    How to hit a Water elemental with physical?
    How to hit any elemental with physical weapons beside Earth elementals , what should be resistant as hell against it.
    And fire, water, air? How can you hit it?

Just an example.
    Orher points are the resistancies and all that.

What i want to say and what i understand is that the game is in development and the Team is small need Time... Etc...
    All understandable...
    But then they should make official statements about these things, i am not the only one who says this and also this thread shows that are some agree and even those who just partially agree and in other things disagree with me (fine, still ready to do compromise, still respect others opinions, still want the game for all of us a fun game to play) post in this thread and were polite as i was polite.

I dont understand why Argumentation turn this way now.
    What do you win with defending the thread beeing deleted without any comment or Message to me?

That's fine, then please realize many others see much problems and give feedback to Portalarium about it to make it a game not only for those who are already pleased and satisfied, but also to those who like much about the game, but still see some major flaws that should be corrected to have more players around.

15. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

They can do it sure, but then they also have to expect that people freak out about it and that they get negative press ... like we already have.

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

At least in germany all SotA gets is negative press :( This is just fuel for the next article :mad:

@Stundorn try to contact Travian directly and talk to them about it.
    PM me and I can give you the contact of someone else you might want to contact and tell him what happened to you.

3devious, Stundorn and Sir Cabirus like this.
  17. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I feel ya @Stundorn. I post whatever I am thinking at the time and when @Berek comes out and says something to the effect of "Look behind you, there's the line, Caska." Sometimes I am appropriately contrite but more often than not I just put the offending party on the "No talk list" until they redeem themselves by driving across the continent to visit a very sick loved one of mine.
    They claim that they delete nothing, maybe they'll restore your post after they get all of the crap that some hater junked your thread up with.
    Perhaps @Lazarus Long should run a service where they retrieve posts that get hidden for curious people who want to know what happened.

Stundorn likes this.
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think this forums has its own category in the wayback machine by now ^^ You can watch a lot of threads over there. Reddit has been pretty busy archiving lots of that :D

19. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

Archive this and the one that got deleted too :)

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  20. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.