House question - Forgive my ignorance but

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaana98, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaana98

Jaana98 Avatar

How do we purchase a house? Do we actually have to buy land with real money and the buy the deed with real money to have a house?

Thanks

2. Jaana98

Jaana98 Avatar

Also did I understand we have to pay taxes for said house with real money as well?

Sorry if I sound like a miser but real money on virtual items?

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The stated goal is to have everything earnable in game. But we have no idea how the economy works at this point.

4. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Ok you were correct, you do have to purchase the land, all land will come with the option for a very basic house. There are additional houses that are for sale.

As of right now the only way to purchase either is with real money.

However, both land and additional houses will be able to be bought for in game currency. This just isn't available at this time.

As for the taxes, they will be able to be paid with either in game currency or real life money, it will not require both.

5. Jaana98

Jaana98 Avatar

Thank you very much for the reply, much appreciate :)

6. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Check out the pledging lists and you will see what grade house your account will have access to.

If I understand it, people low in the tiers won't be able to access Baron houses for example. I don't know if that is accurate.

Anyhow the Alpha version just has everything unlocked so that everyone (dev+) can mess around with.

7. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

You don't buy land you buy a deed. Once you own the deed you have the ability to go claim any unclaimed lot in the world (of a size less than or equal to the size on the deed - in order of smallest to biggest: village, town, city). Claiming a lot with a deed automatically grants you an entry level house (small shack basically). You can then also buy other houses (with the same size restrictions, you can't place a town house on a village lot, etc).

As for how you buy this stuff.... Once the game releases, you'll be able to use in-game currency to buy deeds and houses. You can also buy these at the Add-On store now with RL cash (although currently the deeds are sold out). Deeds gained through either in-game currency or the Add-On store come with a monthly tax that must be paid.

The other way to get them is to pledge at a level high enough and then you're granted a tax-free deed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.