House Decorating question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Striker, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Striker

Striker Avatar

Hi,

I placed my first decoration in my village home. My Artisan Box of Plenty. I double left-clicked on it and it disappeared, and the graphic for item count came up. The item isn't in my inventory and not in the local bank. Did I somehow destroy the item? (butterfingers)

I tried to duplicate my folly on a house plant. No dice.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Striker

Striker Avatar

Wait. Nevermind. I just looked in the back yard and it's out there. lol

Leelu likes this.
  3. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

If you leave decoration mode, I'd recommend getting into the habit of hitting E to interact with things. Double-clicking will lead to micromovements like that where the game things it was moved a long distance.

Vallin Tregres, Leelu and Rhiannon like this.
  4. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Sometimes, if there is a wall behind you... Or above you... Or generally occupying the same room as you, the object you are trying to move can change to be on the other side of that wall. In most cases, the object you are holding has teleported behind you, but can sometimes be on the next floor up. It's all to do with camera position and if you find yourself in this situation the best solution is to go into first person mode. As @Rosemourne has stated, you are possibly performing micro movements when you double click an object in decoration mode, and within that fraction of a split second the object might get teleported due to the camera position. I've gone on a few treasure hunts due to the object I'm trying to place actually being off screen when I released it.

If you are moving items and this problem arises again, simply make sure your mouse is highlighted with the 'cannot place' graphic, so when you release it the object will remain unmoved from it's original position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.