Single player/offline discussion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prydonian, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I assure you. Making noise about missing features or promises hasnt done much but lead to vague answers or moderation and in turn.. upset or unhappy people. Which then leads to a divide between people who like whats here... and essentially end up trolling. ( id quote the next 2 posts.. but its obvious enough that no one who cares is still here. )

Do a forum search for any topics directly talking about kick starter and its a flood of locked threads with huge gaps ( deletes ).

Honestly i wish you guys luck in productivly pushing for this stuff before release.. but the responses id bet will reflect the high class answers youve gotten so far. * Be thankful for whzt you got!* or * I respond just to upset you *.

Xandra7, Dantuin, Cordelayne and 5 others like this.
  2. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

Hmm. Interesting.

No one who cares is still here? I don’t quite follow.

Jamet likes this.
  3. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

Your continued participation in threads about aspects of the game that you clearly do not want to be a part of, speaks for itself. Cease trolling threads about offline content, or write constructive posts about it.

Reported. Let those who care, enjoy what they've got. This isn't YouTube comments, and we certainly don't profit much from "me" and "me too" posts, just to pester people who aren't interested in one aspect of the game, or another.

Indeed. It really is high time someone puts a stop to it. It's really getting out of hand. Maybe the offline game needed a forum of it's very own, from the get-go. There are people who seem to have nothing better to do than to derail, troll, and annoy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Sir_Hemlock, Cordelayne and Mykll like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, report me for sarcasm. LOL.

BTW, the "me too" was to show that there are differing points of view. Sempiternal Dragon was expressing his view and I was agreeing with it.

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Just ignore them.

Jamet and Prydonian like this.
  6. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

I would love to keep ignoring it, if it wasn't happening all the time. Imagine me, joining every possible thread about literally any part of this whole MMO operation going on, and randomly posting "Meh." "I don't like." "This is boring." "We don't need this." and "Why bother." under the guise of "Hey, this is just me, expressing myself and it's my opinion, and I have to right to dispense it in your faces at my leisure.", then no, I will report it for that. I tire of this.

Generally, I am thankful you're another voice of reason though.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that RG pretty much summed it up. That may not be satisfactory to some but it is what it is. If it turns out, when they're finished with it, that offline mode is fun then great! If not then that's fine too (to me, anyway). There are other games that satisfy the single player experience for me, like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin.

8. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

Well, again, I’m glad that’s enough for you. It’s not enough for me, though, or for any of the backers who signed on specifically for the single-player experience, and that’s the point of this thread. Sorry, but it being fine with you isn’t really relevant.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Of course, only your viewpoint is relevant. Got it.

10. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

...To this topic. If I started a thread asking for discussion on the best way to treat yellow fever and someone came in saying, “I don’t have yellow fever,” it wouldn’t be germane. If one of us is placing too much importance on his own perspective here, it’s you. Surely there are bunches of topics where you could say how happy you are about the MMO? You’ve just come into a thread to say, “This topic isn’t important to me.” Okay. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dantuin, MrBlight and Jamet like this.
  11. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

Do you do that on purpose? Or is that supposed to be sarcasm, once more? Nobody is trying to take anything from you. Again: Nobody. Is.

His statement was made about a matter that you do not seem to be interested in. In a thread you seem to participate in despite not adding (much?) to the conversation. It's a little like a kid brother at the restaurant called "The Mint-Banana Ice Creamery", sitting at the table, telling his parents and brother that he's happy with that cake we're having, while the other kid brother was promised ice cream from the menu, but instead he basically just gets frozen cake. We understand you like the cake. We don't question that you do. We're thrilled you have it. But we're here for something different. Would you like to add any additional thoughts? Maybe something relevant? Maybe talk about what exactly it is, that you do not like, about having ice cream, too? Maybe even open a thread especially for that, so the kids here can share their ice cream? Because I'd certainly like to get back to the point where we can all have some ice cream, because that's what's everybody here is ordering at this table. Er, thread. The title of this thread.

Sorry of this childish analogy. You're responsible adult, most likely, I want to trust in your ability to join the conversation and not disrupt it.

And there are plenty of threads you could have participated in, instead of this one! You are literally entering a single player related conversation, lamenting the fact that it even exists, telling everybody in it they're the ones doing the wrong-think?!

That is the entire point of having a Forum in the first place. There are plenty of threads for just about everything. But no dedicated space for offline talk.

Single player related content is largely lost in a sea to wade through. A sea made up of threads that are more or less not relevant to the interests of people who don't spend money on player housing, furniture, or any other MMO side activities. "We" - that is the people who wish to talk about all things single player - seek to exchange our ideas, thoughts and concerns, lament or applause, just like everybody else here, and there will be repetition all around, on all topics. That is normal.

If you are worried about keeping things neat and tidy, on this board, there is a much stronger issue: when people don't "like" what we talk about, and they start polluting those threads with hollow commentary that would serve no purpose other than to derail the conversation going on. Not talking about you specifically, but yes, it is easy to see some do it on purpose, and they do it all the time, and the result is that every time we even attempt to talk about something single player related, it's left as a locked crater of a thread eventually, forcing us to open yet another. Irony. Rinse, repeat. And I want this to stop. Either by having a sub-forum for Single-player related topics only, or the moderation picking up on this, across the board, no pun intended.

Yes, the voices of most of us single player oriented chaps hasn't been very positive these past years. I'd be so happy to share everyone else's enthusiasm, but I can't do that yet.

12. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

There is a number of folks on the forum who love the classic Ultima games. I think that reference was about them having left. I have never felt so lonely in a crowd, too. It's simply too many years since the last real classic Ultima game, so that there will be thousands of teenagers, all around, who never experienced them, dismissing them entirely. That's okay -- I just wish they'd go about that in threads that aren't made by those who wish to do the opposite: cherish them. The result is that a lot of people who cherish the old games have been alienated to the point that they've either left, or just let it rain down on their heads, getting mocked from time to time, and basically being told that none of their ideas and feelings ever mattered in all things SotA. It doesn't help that the creative team behind SotA itself, doesn't seem to care all that much about what happens in here.

So it's like an endless cycle of me trying to find like-minded Ultima fans to simply talk to, and criticize the design choices in SotA in the hopes to be a positive influence. And yes, normally I have a more positive attitude. I may have to leave this forum as well, before it drives me nuts. You have the best thing in the world, you loved it as a child, a teenager, and as an adult, only to see it smashed to bits and pieces by people who could play just about any MMO, but no, it had to be this. Butchered. It's like the worst sequel to all the good movies. Highlander 2. Terminator 4. Star Wars 1. Home Alone 4. Take your pick. While I'm glad they enjoy what they're getting, I rarely see that favor returned. Instead, there'll be those who act like I'm trying to be a hindrance to what they like. That couldn't be further from the truth. The biggest truth in all of this is, that SotA is failing it's Mission big time, or looks like it.

There are still some of us left. I hope.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wait you are talking about PvP and what happend to the PvP crowd, aren't you?
    Owait no you don't. Funny, though, how silimlar the story is.

14. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

Oh. I'm sorry, no, I don't know anything about PvP in the game (or those who play it). Complete blank slate here.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That is pretty much all there is to know.
    Just wanted to point out that single/solo isn't the only part of the game where things exactly happened the way you described them.

Jamet likes this.
  16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup.
    Pretty much the single player experiance and promises became less and less a priority.. and more and more trolled out, exactly like the PvP crowd.

I just mean that at this point, a lot of people who backed for some of the key original promises arnt here anymore.

Id guess the PvP crowd took the largest hit, but single playrr crowd has to be right near it.
    The claim is that on launch 6.0 ( march ) .. or the candadite/ commercial release is going to have all those people come back. But thats another topic, and really nto worth discussing till it happens. ( For all i know PvP is suddenly getting a re wo4k )

My point is that on most threads of old promises you end up getting people / heavy backers who intentionally derail and get thread locked. ( also moderation IMO is 10x harder against people bringing up old promises or ks stuff.)
    Generally devs sum it up with * Things change in development * or heavy backers follow up with * People should b happy with what they got * .. but its always interesting to read threads where the same people now cry that stuff THEY care about is missing.

So personally i feel like the crticism has been spoken for years.. and they know exactly what people expect from the product. Now its just wait and see till launch. And at that point i imagine it will determine how / if episode 2 will be done.

Weve asked but would love o know how funding after march works. What money goes into ep 1 n what into ep 2.. how will ep2 features be added .. or do they remain exclusice till 2 is funded? Is there a list of missed ep 1 features that will b added later or is it relient on ep 2s funding.. etc etc.
    Guess personally id need to see a MUCH more detailed development plan to fund agian, as i think their 2 year plan and pre release lists were incredibly loose bullet points.

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

:mad:

Dantuin, Prydonian and Jamet like this.
  18. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

You can't live in the past, my friend. Take those nostalgia goggles off like I had to and learn to appreciate just how awesome and open Shroud is! It's easy if you try!

19. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

1 million at launch, brah

Derium, Dantuin, Jamet and 2 others like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My original comment was a single word to agree with someone that I got the game I largely expected. It didn't require the OP to jump down my throat about it and it certainly didn't require you to step in as forum police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.