Poison, any Downsides?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nelzie, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I've recently discovered that a pair of daggers and corpion poison is my best friend.

Are there any downsides to this? I keep having this nagging feeling that it's going to be construed as a HUGE negative to virtue, but... it's so helpful to be able to take down groups of MOBs with speed.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

...uh... you can't do it with a bow? I guess that's not really a downside for you, though.

Weins201 likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I gave up on duel weird daggers with poison because there are serious bugs with a lot of critters relating to how far back they stand from you, daggers cant hit them. For example, go attack a bear. If you are of with always having to move your char forward all fight long then its fine. I switched to duel wield swords and they still hammer mobs even without the poison bonus. There is no doubt poison is awesome on any wep (I even use it on bludge AOE ground pound and it hits them with the poison very well).

Numa and Nelzie like this.
  4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Good call on the virtue note. I mean, it's not exactly a nice thing to do!

Nelzie likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Downside is the expenseother than that there really isnt one.

Dualwield daggers is deffinately effective for the more active fighters.

Its especially good at “piercing” avoidance these daus

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Numa, Nelzie and ♔ jammaplaya ♔ like this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I don't see why it needs to be a virtue hit though, unless one starts using it on "innocents", being honest, but brutal in battle, saving innocents, returning stolen goods, etc., etc. should make poison have no negative for that... But... even if it does... that will be the one "bad" thing that I'm going to do.

♔ jammaplaya ♔ likes this.
  7. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I usually move about in combat, it's not that difficult to do and when I hit mobs with stuns, etc., it "feels" like I get more crits when I scoot behind them, rather than stay in place stabbing at them.

Dual Wield Daggers appears to be crazy awesome right now. I chew through mobs, even more when I use Corpion Poison, which really isn't that expensive, as I craft my own. Nobody has been buying the ones that I put up... and I don't need to use the poison ALL of the time. So, I usually have anywhere from 12 to 36 vials on my at a time.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'm going to try a short sword (25% poison bonus) with dagger combo to see how well it does. Weirdly enough, the one handed spear can also be poisoned and I know someone who dual wields them successfully.

Nelzie likes this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Last I played I could poison hammers...
    @Nelzie Only downside of poison is you have to buy it or farm for it, what you talking about virtue? virtue is a myth...

Numa likes this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I haven't really thought about Short Swords in a while. I'm Dual Daggers, because of the increased chance to crit, which already helps me whittle down MOBs fast and then... adding poison for that 50% bonus just allows me to chew through a crew of Hardened Elven -whatever- in the Crag Footfills at a rate that's mind boggling.

Much faster than I've seen archers knock 'em down.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.