Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

strange "crawling" rendering of some objects (MacBookPro)

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Dragonholt, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonholt

Dragonholt Avatar

1. Title: strange rendering of mountains, hills,boulders, brick
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: On over world and in scene the rendering of rock and the 2D tree backgrounds are in motion. The rendering seems to "crawl" across screen in strips and crossed strips like they are rotating around the objects. Trees and other plants are normal, harvestable nodes are normal.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: just login and look around
    6. User Specs: Mac Book Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) , High Sierra 10.13.3, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I just got off the phone with one of my friends who mentioned the same. I am pretty sure this is an issue with the Mac Client as he is having the same issues with same hardware specs. I thought it maybe a graphics driver issue but there is something wrong with the way its rendering some objects like bridges , rocks, and more well others objects seem fine.

3. Dragonholt

Dragonholt Avatar

Thanks for the reply; now I know it's not just me. I wonder what they are doing different in release 51, everything was fine in 50.
    Anyway, I'm taking advantage of my new super powers to find gold and silver nodes which render normal while the rock it's in becomes invisible at times... ha .

4/10/2018
    Still have problems with some textures being rendered in moving strips.
    Now it is happening to my cape, staff, many NPCs, walls and doors, crafting stations.
    I wish I could go back to release 50, everything was fine with that. This is looking really bad and I'm sure it will cause problems when in a battle since some NPCs are almost invisible.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.