Concerning alts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgmaniac82, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't see much point in having a "refiner alt" on the same account. If you're going to be tied up in town you may as well get the producer xp on your main toon.
    I have a refiner alt on another account, so when I realllly go overboard hoarding stuff, I can have both of us whittle away at it. Or I can have my alt whittling away at it while I'm out doing stuff.
    Having the alt as a separate entity also lets me make the two characters interact often to hilarious effect. My alt always insists that she's a real person with a real personality, which is nonsense of course. But there's an elaborate romance developing between my alt and Scoffer's alt. I seem to have gone way off of my point here. I guess its just, I don't see what I'd do with another character that I have to log off my main character to access. I suppose I could try a different build, but there's an awful lot of passive skill overlap, and I still think I'd be better off with an alt on a second account for that purpose because then I could have my big character drag them around once I got done doing the joyful "I'm a newbie again" thing and needed serious xp.

2. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

With the extra love to Taming we've , I might go Mage/tamer as I dumped taming on my main character as it was nerfed pretty badly.

3. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Not really going with the 'alt' concept, as I already have five avatars, each with independent strengths and weaknesses.
    1 Mage, 1 Melee, 1 Bludgeon, 1 Heavy archer, 1 Light archer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.