Obsidian Food has the same properties and Normal food?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Weins201, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I ran out to day and grabbed some food and while looking thru the vendor I saw that the Plain Old Food made from normal ingredients had the exact same benefits of the Obsidian Food Types.

Please tell me that we can not be more creative and do some more creative things.

I mean Obsidian Resources are so much more rare than plain carcasses but end up with same benefits?

Dinsoo likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And exactly what foods are you talking about? Because I can tell you that Wolf and Lamb Chops (tier 3) is not as good as Obsidian Wolf Chops (tier 4).

Spoon likes this.
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Bet he's taking about Bear Surprise etc, which is made with obsidian meat... smh

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same as Wolf Surprise, which is made with obsidian wolf meat and is tier 4.

5. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

The Obsidian Foods are all Tier 4 and give higher stats, Heath and focus per second (both in and out of combat)

For example - Wolf Suprise : 4 Health Per Second, 3 Focus per Second, 1 Health per second in Combat, 0.8 Focus per Second in Combat, + 5 Dex for 4 Hours
    while Wolf and lamb chops gives - 3 Health Per Second, 2.5 Focus per Second, 0.8 Health per second in Combat, 0.6 Focus per Second in Combat, + 3 Dex for 2 hours.

So you an see the Tier 4 Obsidian Food givea you extra regen, and higher stat boost for a longer time. Also as you can have 2 different foods active at one time, the boosts for 2 x Tier 4 food compared to 2 x Tier 3 is quite a bit higher.

I find it easier to cook the Obsidian 'Suprises' as they only use 1 Obsidian meat and 3 'normal meat' so you can make more with limited supplies of Obsidian Meat.

The hardest Obsidian meat to find is the Vension (which imho give the best stat boost +3 Str, +2 Dex) as the Obsidian Stags are'nt that common and don't have a 'Den' you can farm (though you get 3 spawn not too far apart in Twin Hills), meanwhile both Obsidian Bears and Wolves spawn in various dens quite quickly so can be farmed quite easily. Deep Ravensmoor is a good place to farm both of these as there is a Wolf Den and a Bear Den quite close together that each spawn 5-6 Obsidians. If XP is'nt an issue, you can use SPO to farm alot of them in one go as in MP they are camped pretty constantly. Just make sure you're a high enough level to take on at least 3 Obsidians at once.

Kain Darkmoor and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.