Linux Client durring Alpha and Beta Testing?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Isaiah, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I have a good system I used as a KVM hypervisor for a testing/learning environment. all I need is a better video card, and it would work reasonably well as a gaming desktop. So I really hope there will be a Linux client for it.

I've played games on PC and Mac before, but I would really like to use a linux desktop if possible. I think it would be fun optimizing it for gameplay, and voice chat etc. I also think the OS uses much less resources than Windows, and of course the main thing is I won't have to buy licenses for any software.

Otherwise I'm prepared to have to buy a copy of windows for that system, but since I'm only going to use it for this game and for basic web and chat... I would sincerely appreciate it if you could make the client available for Linux.

DavenRock likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Also if there is a Linux client it may be the better one to use if people want to make optimal use of their resources and it should be a stable environment if it is setup properly.

Linux skills are good to have these days, and what better chance to get experience than to have to trouble shoot it for fun. Might help some people who never used GNU/Linux it to give it a try.

DavenRock likes this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

One more comment about it... 10 years from now if you are still using a desktop to play this game or do anything else... you system will still work and have a higher likelyhood to still have relevant software available to it at that time.

DavenRock likes this.
  4. kastnerd

kastnerd Avatar

Alpha / Beta is the best time to test the client on all the OS's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.