Biggest complaint so far? The quest journal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I've been playing on and off over many years now. I've decided to focus a bit more on the game with launch, and I'm really loving it. It's just a blast to play.

However, the quest journal is a nightmare. I have so many entries from so many large and small quests/tasks. I know I've completed many of the quests that still have entries, and others are so old and obscure, I've no clue how to pursue them.

We really need a modern quest log, one that delineates old/completed quests with ones you're currently on. We really need organization of ANY kind in the journal, sortable by region and/or proximity or date of receiving them. We really need clear delineation between the 3 main quest lines, and mere sidequests.

I hope at least something is in the works.

Just my two gold.

Thanks!

2. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

They are getting better at fixing a lot of these. Just yesterday, the food poisoning quest for Blood River Outskirts was fixed and completed after I was able to do what I've needed to do for weeks. So, yes, they are getting around to fixing a lot of the problems.

3. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I started playing again about 3 weeks ago. I struggle with the quests and journal. Quests seem to stay in it even when completed. Some quests start but can’t be completed. I’m still relatively new though so maybe with time I will figure out things I’m missing.

4. Golden

Golden Avatar

I agree.

Morrowind did this type of journal the best.

Ok i give up trying to add an image XD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well @Oyjord Hansen, unfortunately it's not a new discovery...
    Watching threads you will realize, a lot of players are interested about, because most waited for playing quests after official launch! And unfortunately 4 years later they are confirming, how important it is!

Over 4 years I am asking now for a good sorted quest journal, having chapters for each path ...
    as you can read here in one of my threads ...
    And still in hope, it will be done the next months :)

There are still bugs, as you can read here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...sections-and-gives-wrong-instructions.115602/

Let's wait for the Q2 2018 Schedule Update of @DarkStarr (should be latest tomorrow, friday, 30. of march)

Hopefully, the Journal polish is inside :)

It's one of the most disturbing things while doing quests and following the story line.
    Other distracting things, I hope for improving, can be found in my last thread before launch ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Oyjord Hansen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.