Jail, gladitorial, labarinth system for bad deeds.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Valice Belgraham, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

I would love to see various jail type systems for bad/evil players to be pitted against if they are caught performing a crime, or as a means to a bounty system. That way if you want to play a bad guy you can also enjoy the exhilarating rush of being a good guy and looking over your shoulder at all times to make sure you don't become the target of some crime as we did back in the early UO days.

A system like this is by no means meant to be some form of obstacle to keep players from wanting to commit crimes if it's in the nature of there character. It just simply gives them another form of entertainment/punishment for getting caught.

As others have mentioned the interest in being able to preform live music/plays as a career path, perhaps being thrown in a labyrinth or gladiator arena will provide entertainment for others as well.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Most of the PKs I knew were quite entertained by fighting Anti_PKs. Now, if in addition to my killing them, you would also have them resurrect in jail, that might be interesting. Otherwise, full PvP might be more to the point.

3. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

This type of system would be in reference to a bounty on a certain player for there deeds, and would only be implemented if the criminal was caught and not killed on sight.

A system like that should implement skills/tactics for the hunter to use to bring the target to a city/town to enact the jailing process.

I know you could argue that if good players can do that to bad players that have a bounty out on them, then bad players should be allowed to do the same thing to good players, and should be allowed to drag them off to whatever location they desire, so long as they can get them there without them escaping by whatever means.

Maybe an equal system of jails for evil players, and hideouts for good players would work just fine. It just seems a system like this could potentially make things more interesting/fair for players who don't excel in the pvp aspects of a game from potential griefers if implemented for the good side of players.

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not trying to make the mechanics slanted to one form of game play over another, just that griefers/exploiters should have an uphill battle compared to those who choose to play to an honest set of rules.

4. Thoreandan

Thoreandan Avatar

Great idea to bring up! I have long thought that a fun sub system for PK/criminal acts would be sending the player to a dungeon. The worse the deed, the further down they are sent. They would have to make their way out to see the free world again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.