blocked on world map + slow on mac

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by EdwinDrood, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdwinDrood

EdwinDrood Avatar

hello
    I've got two problems and I hope some of you can help.
    I've clicked on "world map" (I guess it is world map, it's "carte du monde" in the French version) in the main menu and now, the map (control M since I'm on Mac) is a world map instead of a local map. Even if I quit and enter without clicking on "world map" , I'm still stuck with the world map. How can I go back to local maps?
    The second problem is that the game is sometimes slow on my computer : sometimes double-click doesn't work, and sometimes the game freeze or is slow. I play the offlline only , and my computer
    MacOS High Sierra
    Imac 3,2ghz, intel core i5(2013)
    RAM : 16 Go
    I found that it gets better unchecking some of the video options and playing in a window instead of full screen., but I'm not sure what most of the option actually do...
    Could someone tell me which video options have actually an impact on speed?
    thanks in advance
    Olivier

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The ingame map ("M") should always show the scene you're in. On the overland map it's total Novia, in scenes it 's the local map. The map is accessed through the internet and sometimes takes time to load.
    You can access the same map also outside the game through the browser: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Double-Click is tricky with low FPS. This is a known problem and often happens in complex maps like cities. One work-around is pressing the "E" key.

Regarding optimization I can't help you a lot. I run it on an late 2014 retina imac with i7; Radeon M290 and 16gb and get anything between <10 and <20 FPS in scenes. I set the resolution to half my native screen resolution and limited shadow distance.

Numa likes this.
  3. EdwinDrood

EdwinDrood Avatar

I understand that the ingame "should" show the scene i'm in. The fact is that it does't do that. It shows, rivers, forest, mountains and names of lcoation such as "solace bridge" "solace bridge outskirt" "sea haven", but not the detailed map I had before, with building and characters...

4. EdwinDrood

EdwinDrood Avatar

OK I found it ! i was still in world map, I had to "enter zone" ..... what wwas confusing was that i was able to move my character around, so I thought I was in the zone already...

Grimbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.